PDA

View Full Version : health declaration booklet question

Kidston
10-06-2014, 07:15 PM
Im filling my health declaration out ready to take to the doctors.

I used to suffer with m.e but havent had any symptoms in 2.5years. The question says in the "recent past have you had any medical problems"
Do you think I should mention it?

alex__17
10-06-2014, 07:22 PM
I thought when I did mine it said you had to put everything from last 5 years

JKL
10-06-2014, 08:52 PM
I would say so to be on the safe side, your doctor has a section for "anything omitted by the applicant" and it's highly likely they would mention something like m.e.

What you could do is provide a covering letter with the form when Ofsted request it simply explaining you've had no symptoms for 2.5 years.

Honesty is generally the best policy with these things unfortunately. Maybe ask your gp to pint out you've had no symptoms etc too so they have it from a medical stand point x

Sally69
10-06-2014, 09:01 PM
I would write it down and let them decide whether it is relevant, just in case. Better for that than your doctor to write it down and for it to look like you are trying to hide something.

Kidston
11-06-2014, 11:50 AM
To be on the safe side I have included it.
Ive wrote
"In my past I have suffered with fibromyalgia. My symptoms where extreme headaches, migraines, muscle pain and fatigue. Thankfully two and a half years ago my symptoms completely cleared and I havent suffered with fibromyalgia since."

Is that enough info on it? Not sure what else to say.

Sally69
11-06-2014, 12:13 PM
I would think that should be enough unless it asks for any medication you were on. If they are concerned at all they get you to have a medical. I had to have one because I have back problems but it was quite a simple process.

TabbyTuTu
18-06-2014, 12:32 PM
hello! This has also been one of my worries. I had severe M.E from the age of 8 until 18 when it gradually got better. At 20 I stopped all medication and only used a crutch. For four years I have been symptom free, and only Dr visits have been for pregnancies! I'm hoping that as I have had six years without medical intervention I should be okay :-/