PDA

View Full Version : PACEY Policy Templates

Em.93
04-06-2014, 02:42 PM
Hi all,

Not sure if I'm just being silly and it's written in black and white somewhere but I was just wondering as I am a PACEY member can I use the PACEY Policy templates? Obviously I will change the wording to fit my setting and make sure I add/edit anything that I need or does not apply to me. But is it ok to have the PACEY logo on it and to use these in my setting or is it best to just use these as a guideline and create my own?
I started editing the PACEY ones but am worrying that I'll be done for copy write or Ofsted will tell me off when I have my pre-reg visit :P

Thanks!

rickysmiths
04-06-2014, 02:53 PM
They are there for member to use as a starting point. Personally I would take the Pacey Logo off as the Policy would be my own by the time I had tailored it to fit my setting and my business. I have my name on mine.

Lal
04-06-2014, 03:20 PM
I was told by my assessor for cypop5 that if I used pacey policies I had to use the logo. I had personalised them, so submitted they without the logo, but was told I needed it on.

But, I have had conflicting advice from different sections of pacey about other stuff so not sure which is right.

Lal
04-06-2014, 03:26 PM
I should add I plan to personalise them more and I'm not sure if I will join PACEY yet, so I will probably take the logo off and, as rickysmiths suggests, put my name on.

Em.93
04-06-2014, 03:53 PM
Thanks both.

I think I'd prefer having my own policies rather than the PACEY ones so I think I'll write them up again in a more personalised way. That way it feels more "mine" and I can be completely sure that everything applies to my setting. I think they all do anyway but when I'm hopefully registered I'll be progressing and probably have more personalised policies I'd want written.

rickysmiths
04-06-2014, 04:54 PM
I think if you just change them a bit but keep the bones of the wording the same you should acknowledge that they are Pacey Policies.

If you use them as a guide to start you off but write your own Policies then you would not need to use the logo.

For example a good few years ago I used their Photo Policy and I downloaded it made a couple of alterations and put it in my folder with their logo until I revised all my Policies and added the subject into my Policy document in my own words and no longer had the NCMA logo on it.

Simona
04-06-2014, 05:02 PM
There are also a few LAs who offer 'examples' for policies...it is worth looking into them

For Safeguarding look at your own LA's LSCB guidelines ...important you know their procedures and include it in yours.