PDA

View Full Version : Baseline testing for reception starters...

Bumble Beez
03-06-2014, 07:13 PM
http://www.theguardian.com/education/2014/mar/27/four-year-olds-compulsory-tests-2016-government-confirms

Government have announced that it will implement baseline testing for children starting reception from 2016...
Schools will also not have use the EYFS profile from this date also...

I'm not sure how I didn't hear about this sooner...although I can't be the only one who is feeling a little angry at this can I?

I feel so sad that some littlies will enter the school system at just four and be thrown straight into academic testing :panic:

At this age surely PSED and opportunities for a play based approach is still highly important and should be focused on?!

Urgh...what a joke...not too amused by this at all.

Sarah x

sarah707
03-06-2014, 08:16 PM
And when the poor little blossoms fail we will be blamed again for not preparing them well enough :(

loocyloo
03-06-2014, 08:57 PM
And when the poor little blossoms fail we will be blamed again for not preparing them well enough :(

:-( so sad

Simona
03-06-2014, 09:21 PM
Schools will be allowed to test four-year-olds from 2016, government confirms | Education | theguardian.com (http://www.theguardian.com/education/2014/mar/27/four-year-olds-compulsory-tests-2016-government-confirms)

Government have announced that it will implement baseline testing for children starting reception from 2016...
Schools will also not have use the EYFS profile from this date also...

I'm not sure how I didn't hear about this sooner...although I can't be the only one who is feeling a little angry at this can I?

I feel so sad that some littlies will enter the school system at just four and be thrown straight into academic testing :panic:

At this age surely PSED and opportunities for a play based approach is still highly important and should be focused on?!

Urgh...what a joke...not too amused by this at all.

Sarah x

The baseline assessment was the a topic at the NUT conference in spring...the teachers decided they will consider boycotting them on 'principled non compliance'...hope so and what a wonderful way of putting up resistance to Gove

If I recall correctly there is a thread on this elsewhere in the forum