PDA

View Full Version : PART TIME MINDING

shelly04
25-07-2008, 11:46 PM
Hi everyone, I need help with a little problem I have. I have been a Registered Childminder since Feb 08, I got a phone call today to watch a 6 year old boy 3 days a week, arrives at 8am for 1 hour to to school for 9am, pick up at 3pm to 5pm. The problem I have is that the parent doesn't know until each Monday what 3 days she requires me for, therefore I would have to class him as a full time time but I don't want to charge full time as that is quite alot for 3 days but I will have to knock back a full timer because she doesn't know what days she requires, so then I am losing business. Can anyone please help as what to charge?

Jules27
26-07-2008, 12:15 PM
Its your business so only you can decide, are you desperate for the full time work/hours/money? have you had enquiries for a full timer? I would personaly prob take it and charge the 3 days..... at the end of the day you will have a trial period anyway, see how it goes, you can always give notice just as the parents can! I've probably not been much of a help really, but hope you come to a decision your happy with... keep us informed xxx:)

Julesxxx

Hannahlg
26-07-2008, 05:46 PM
i would chrage for the full five dayd as she will be taking up a whole week

Bushpig
26-07-2008, 05:52 PM
I would either charge for all five days, or tell her you will do the flexi-days as she needs, but if you get someone needing 5 days, you will have to rethink your arrangement with her. I am sure she'll understand why! Put it to her... see which arrangement she prefers.

sarah707
26-07-2008, 05:54 PM
I used to work before and after school for an air hostess and her shift patterns were a nightmare.

I just charged for the sessions she used, but I did ask for a minimum of 10 hours money a week. I felt that compensated for the child filling the space. She could not have afforded more either and I would have lost the business totally if I'd asked for more ... you do need to take that into account.

Like others have said though, it's your business and ultimately only you know how you want to run things.

Good luck! :D

cloud9
29-07-2008, 06:25 PM
I would charge for 3 full days and then a 1/2 fee's for the 2 days she isn't using so she would pay for 4 days a week.