PDA

View Full Version : OFSTED will bring inspections back in-house

Simona
28-05-2014, 08:49 PM
This was discussed at the London OBC...the Ofsted panel was asked and they could not comment
Glad they listened :thumbsup:

Ofsted to bring childcare inspections back in-house | Children & Young People Now (http://www.cypnow.co.uk/cyp/news/1144331/ofsted-bring-childcare-inspections-house?WT.rss_f=News&WT.rss_a=Ofsted+to+bring+childcare+inspections+bac k+in-house&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter)

loocyloo
28-05-2014, 09:34 PM
:-) sounds promising x

shortstuff
28-05-2014, 10:14 PM
Thanks for sharing Simona.

As with all that I hear in the press lately I will believe it when I see it.

rickysmiths
29-05-2014, 12:47 AM
I must say Prospects are no better than Tribal I am surprised they are not mentioned.

Bumble Beez
29-05-2014, 03:19 AM
Super stuff!
However I'm with shortstuff on this one...believe it when I see it :rolleyes:
Although it's a promising start...
Thanks Simona x

Sarah x

Simona
29-05-2014, 06:22 AM
If anything we need to congratulate ourselves for bringing this subject to Ofsted's attention and being consisitent with our complaints

There are many comments on this elsewhere ...one I read from a nursery owner who recently met her is that even E Truss was not happy with those who were outsourced to inspect us...mind you look at who they are and you will spot SERCO...

Oh yes... the very SERCO Education and Children's Services....who may be bidding for privatising Child Protection Services..

A good day to celebrate when the announcement is made later on....well done to all who raised their worries
we can now return to not being terrified of inspections and looking at them from a professional point of view not a lottery as to which inspector will turn up and which judgement will she choose from a list of many dodgy ones!! :thumbsup:

Simona
29-05-2014, 05:32 PM
Oh dear...despite the article there has been no announcement and Nursery World are now saying the in-house inspections will be for school and colleges...not childcare

NWorld will have an article out soon on this ...let's keep hopes alive it will happen to us too.

BBC News - Ofsted to bring school and college inspections in-house (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-27620097)

And here is the NW article

Ofsted takes school and FE inspections in house, but not early years | Nursery World (http://www.nurseryworld.co.uk/nursery-world/news/1144364/ofsted-takes-school-fe-inspections-house)

Mouse
02-06-2014, 02:13 PM
Perhaps we were a bit premature in hoping that Ofsted were actually going to listen to concerns raised by the Early Years sector :(

Simona
02-06-2014, 02:32 PM
Perhaps we were a bit premature in hoping that Ofsted were actually going to listen to concerns raised by the Early Years sector :(

The EY sector is raising their concern on this and so we should.
Tomorrow night on Twitter Nick Hudson will co-host the #EYTalking session where the in-house inspection for EY is on the agenda...hope those who are on twitter will follow it and express their worries
Let's see what his reply is as he is now in charge of CMs.

Simona
03-06-2014, 07:55 AM
The EY sector is raising their concern on this and so we should.
Tomorrow night on Twitter Nick Hudson will co-host the #EYTalking session where the in-house inspection for EY is on the agenda...hope those who are on twitter will follow it and express their worries
Let's see what his reply is as he is now in charge of CMs.

Ofsted Gill Jones will now join Nick Hudson and co-host Twitter #eytalking tonight
There are 3 specific topics/questions

CMs agencies
EY in-house inspections
what is meant by teaching

Hope those who can will join in...

Mouse
03-06-2014, 08:34 AM
I don't use Twitter, so will appreciate any feed back from those who do :thumbsup:

loocyloo
03-06-2014, 09:01 AM
I don't use Twitter, so will appreciate any feed back from those who do :thumbsup:

the same here. PLEASE! XX

Simona
04-06-2014, 08:47 AM
the same here. PLEASE! XX

I have put an initial feedback on the LinkedIn ICM group and also on the ICM Focus Group