PDA

View Full Version : what now have recieved all 4 DBS - how much longer ?? do you think

Jenny2
28-05-2014, 03:54 PM
just waiting for last one to be posted hopefully its all ok ( its my 22yr old ) .
Ofsted said go into their ey 2 ( i think ) and place in the DBS numbers . Then and only then is my application submitted .
Then I suppose oftsed contact my references , that should take a few weeks.
does any one know how much longer ish from when we record the DBS mumbers to pre reg visit as I have to get house and paperwork in order .
AHHH !

Bumble Beez
28-05-2014, 07:46 PM
I sent all applications in on 13th March...references were contacted within a week, I had an invoice and health dec form arrive that week also...all references and health declaration were received and marked as completed on April 25th...since then I've heard nothing...
Every call I make to them is 'your application is in review' so I am still waiting for details to be passed onto prospects :'( it's taking ages...

Sarah x

Vikki5531
28-05-2014, 08:50 PM
Hi, I sent my application to Ofsted beginning of April and have been told they are waiting for my Social Services checks before they can arrange a visit, the process does take ages! Xx

NinkyNonk
03-06-2014, 08:19 AM
Same here...my application was done beginning of March, and my DBS, healthcare booklet etc was all done beforehand so everything was sent together. I'm still waiting for the call - every time I chase I also am told it's with social services. Feel like ringing social services myself! Really didn't realise it would take this long...I spoke to Ofsted before I started and they told me what order to do everything to speed it up - I've done that and it's not exactly worked!

Vikki5531
03-06-2014, 08:21 AM
Same here...my application was done beginning of March, and my DBS, healthcare booklet etc was all done beforehand so everything was sent together. I'm still waiting for the call - every time I chase I also am told it's with social services. Feel like ringing social services myself! Really didn't realise it would take this long...I spoke to Ofsted before I started and they told me what order to do everything to speed it up - I've done that and it's not exactly worked!

I was thinking the same about ringing Social Services myself! Xx

NinkyNonk
03-06-2014, 10:51 AM
I was thinking the same about ringing Social Services myself! Xx

I just can't believe how long it's taking - I'm sure someone in social services has a massive list of names that they just need to punch into a system. Annoyingly one of the girls I was on the course with has had all of her stuff back and a pre-reg visit booked - and she did her registration after me. I was hoping to be up and running by now, but I'm guessing it'll be more likely for September now. :-(

Vikki5531
03-06-2014, 11:07 AM
I just can't believe how long it's taking - I'm sure someone in social services has a massive list of names that they just need to punch into a system. Annoyingly one of the girls I was on the course with has had all of her stuff back and a pre-reg visit booked - and she did her registration after me. I was hoping to be up and running by now, but I'm guessing it'll be more likely for September now. :-(

I'm hoping I will be up and running for the Summer and I'm trying to remain positive.

My letter from Ofsted with their invoice stated that everything should be complete within 9 weeks, and that was dated the 14th April.

I've emailed Ofsted again this morning chasing an update, they'll soon get sick of me!

Keep us updated on when you hear something xx

tonib
03-06-2014, 12:01 PM
Same here!! 3 weeks I've been told hubby's details are still with social services. Paperwork refs health doc payment DBS all in beg march. Ofsted told me that social services had more important issues to deal with than my app so it sometimes does take a while:(((