PDA

View Full Version : Ofsted registration help!

AdeleMarie88
20-05-2014, 03:14 PM
Hello all, I need some help!

A friend of mine is just beginning to register to become a CM, she asked for me help filling out the forms as she got confused by the jargon.

When I saw what she meant I was shocked, there are so many different forms online- I don't remember it being this difficult for me!!

Anyway my question is, what's the difference between registering as a Childminder, and registering as a Home Childcarer on a domestic premises?

Thanks x

Elkie Mawdsley
21-05-2014, 07:42 AM
Home based on domestic premises is where 4 or more childminders work together on the same premises (one of their homes)

Childminders are classed as such when working alone or with up to 2 other childminders or assistants.

Hope this helps x

Simona
21-05-2014, 08:43 AM
Hello all, I need some help!

A friend of mine is just beginning to register to become a CM, she asked for me help filling out the forms as she got confused by the jargon.

When I saw what she meant I was shocked, there are so many different forms online- I don't remember it being this difficult for me!!

Anyway my question is, what's the difference between registering as a Childminder, and registering as a Home Childcarer on a domestic premises?

Thanks x

This Ofsted guidance may be of help
CMs can also care in the children's own home

Ofsted | Factsheet: childcare - Registration not required (http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/resources/factsheet-childcare-registration-not-required)