PDA

View Full Version : Will ofsted contact my current employer?

appletart88
17-05-2014, 01:50 PM
I Am currently filling out my EYC form and am about to give my employers details, I have ticked 'no' when asked if ofsted can contact them, is this 100% guaranteed that they won't contact them as I don't want them to know until I hand in my notice. Thanks.

joannes
19-05-2014, 10:32 PM
Not sure with childminding but I know with schools the safe recruitment policy demands that references are sought before interview. My friend applied for a job in another school and due to having major issues with our head (as did everyone it seems!) she didn't want her to know she'd applied until she was offered the job. She ticked the box saying "do not contact before interview" and yet they contacted her anyway. When she questioned this (because obviously it caused A LOT of awkwardness at work) they apologised but said they did not know why it was still included as an option on application form for the local authority any more as the legislation meant they could ONLY offer interview to those whom they had received references for. Thankfully she got the job. I wouldn't take it for granted that they won't be contacted- both of my references were contacted within two weeks of me sending the form (I dread to think what my head put as she has been made to write references by the HR department several times because she spits her dummy out when people leave and refuses to do them) but what you don't have to tell them is whether you are leaving your job, for all they know you could be registering for evening/weekend work, odd overnight stays for a friends' children who will be paying you so all above board etc. hope that helps a little. good luck