PDA

View Full Version : need to get out of this rut!!!

shortstuff
15-05-2014, 11:54 AM
I am in a rut and I cant seem to escape.

I go to SW and as some know I had a bad night monday at weigh in. Since then I have eaten everything I have avoided for ages. I ate a whole big bag of sweets yesterday and have just finished a whole packet of tunnocks caramel wafer biscuit things.

I am looking at my level 3 assessments while my LO sleeps and cant even begin to write.

I need to update my SEF as I am due ofsted over the next 11 months.

RRRAAAAAHHHHHH need to get my head back on straight x

ziggy
15-05-2014, 12:22 PM
Big big hugs. We all have bad days on SW, I scoffed a cake at 8am after worrying news about my daughter.

Tomorrow is a new day:)

Bumble Beez
15-05-2014, 01:17 PM
:group hug: short stuff...
Try not to let things get you down...although I know it's easier said than done!
Just know we are all here for you if you need to let off steam :thumbsup:

We all have off days when trying to watch what we eat, new day tomorrow...fresh start again x

Sarah x

hectors house
15-05-2014, 04:15 PM
This is just a bad week, keep a food diary next week and the thought of doing more paperwork may may make you resist those tempting foods and sweets. Pencil in your diary - 30 mins SEF every night for the next week - by the weekend you should have nearly finished and you will have earned a SW treat.

Oh :censored: just looked in my diary and I had pencilled in "start X's 2 year check" - well that isn't going to happen today!

Maza
15-05-2014, 04:50 PM
Put the little ones in the buggy and go on a power walk to work it off. x

shortstuff
15-05-2014, 05:42 PM
Ah thanks all x

Im lucky on a Thursday I only have 1 lo during the school day so I text a mum 3 doors down n we took the los out for a meander up to school. I will be minding her lo all day tmw. We had a good chat n put the world to rights. We also planned a trip to ikea after we put the kids to bed next thursday. Could be dangerous lol x

FussyElmo
15-05-2014, 06:01 PM
Ah thanks all x

Im lucky on a Thursday I only have 1 lo during the school day so I text a mum 3 doors down n we took the los out for a meander up to school. I will be minding her lo all day tmw. We had a good chat n put the world to rights. We also planned a trip to ikea after we put the kids to bed next thursday. Could be dangerous lol x

I was about to suggest retail therapy but really Ikea go somewhere for you to get something just for you.

Shoes, bag, new dress, anything but not Ikea.

Treat yourself :D

shortstuff
15-05-2014, 07:02 PM
Ah thanks x I want to lose my remaining 12lb before clothes shopping x just got a new handbag from a mummy for my bday too.

Just leaves shoes, oh yeah bought some of those easter weekend lol x

Bumble Beez
15-05-2014, 08:38 PM
Ah thanks x I want to lose my remaining 12lb before clothes shopping x just got a new handbag from a mummy for my bday too. Just leaves shoes, oh yeah bought some of those easter weekend lol x

:laughing: I could easily spend a small fortune in ikea at any time, for my boys or the mindees or just for me in general!!

And a new bag from a parent...you sound like you are thoroughly and deservedly loved :)

Sarah x

shortstuff
15-05-2014, 09:47 PM
:laughing: I could easily spend a small fortune in ikea at any time, for my boys or the mindees or just for me in general!!

And a new bag from a parent...you sound like you are thoroughly and deservedly loved :)

Sarah x

Me too x

I felt really appreciated it was a gift for my 40th x along with champagne and other lovely things x

Bumble Beez
16-05-2014, 04:37 AM
How you feeling this morning huni?

Thought this was appropriate...

"I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it." - Groucho Marx

tess1981
16-05-2014, 06:35 AM
How you feeling this morning huni?

Thought this was appropriate...

"I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it." - Groucho Marx

That's lovely... but what time of the morning so you get up??? Before the birds lol

Bumble Beez
16-05-2014, 06:48 AM
This morning I was up at 5am...yesterday was 4am...
Hubby is a lorry driver, so he starts early and I always get up when he does!
Makes for a long day sometimes but I get plenty done :laughing:

Sarah x

smurfette
16-05-2014, 07:04 AM
How you feeling this morning huni? Thought this was appropriate... "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it." - Groucho Marx

Love this gonna share!!

FussyElmo
16-05-2014, 07:29 AM
Ah thanks x I want to lose my remaining 12lb before clothes shopping x just got a new handbag from a mummy for my bday too.

Just leaves shoes, oh yeah bought some of those easter weekend lol x

No rule against having more :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Just treat yourself to anything that will bring a smile to you face which isn't WORK RELATED :D

tess1981
16-05-2014, 07:29 AM
This morning I was up at 5am...yesterday was 4am...
Hubby is a lorry driver, so he starts early and I always get up when he does!
Makes for a long day sometimes but I get plenty done :laughing:

Sarah x

Yawning reading this lol I have been trying to get up at 6am this last 3 weeks to go for a cycle but it's just not happening. 7am is early enough

shortstuff
16-05-2014, 03:58 PM
Thanks xx that groucho comment is amazing x I might print it n put it up x

I must be getting there ive resisted chocolate today lol x

I had one of those mornings too lol. Took control n instead of stewing on it I took the 3 mindees out in the car just for 10 mins but it was enough to get me going again x

Picture the morning. Completed the school drop off. Which is stressful as one mindee has to deal with all that autism throws at you. Came home got mindee 3yrs playing independently. Got mindee 17 months olld also playing independently so I could feed 9 month old brekkie. 17m old decides to fall off bouncing zebra hitting their head on the floor. Im still ok. He comes on my lap for a cuddle n resume feeding. Then 3yr old doesnt make it to the loo in time so needs a complete bottom half change! So give 1 more spoon of food, 1 more cuddle then leave them both to clean other mindee up. To resume feeding I had both bigger mindees one on each leg while resuming feeding bubba.

Hence going for a drive....

smurfette
16-05-2014, 11:06 PM
Ooh rough morning! I hate having to deal
With toilet ing issues when also trying to feed someone!! Hope your afternoon was better and the wine is out!!

shortstuff
17-05-2014, 06:29 AM
Ooh rough morning! I hate having to deal
With toilet ing issues when also trying to feed someone!! Hope your afternoon was better and the wine is out!!

It was fine after 10.30 lol

For some very strange reason im off alcohol most of the time so oh went out n got me a little bag of sweets. Thatsvan improvement on earlier as ive been eating share bags to myself lol x

Bumble Beez
17-05-2014, 06:35 AM
I'm off alcohol too...and so is hubby...and feeling better for it!
And it's nothing abnormal in this house for me to demolish share bags, or large bars of galaxy to myself...whoops!!
You feeling ok this morning? Enjoy a chilling weekend :thumbsup:

Sarah x

shortstuff
17-05-2014, 07:16 AM
I'm off alcohol too...and so is hubby...and feeling better for it!
And it's nothing abnormal in this house for me to demolish share bags, or large bars of galaxy to myself...whoops!!
You feeling ok this morning? Enjoy a chilling weekend :thumbsup:

Sarah x

Initially oh thought I didn't want to drink with him but I think hes accepted it now x

Too much to do to think about it but thanks x ds has martial arts at 9 n we go on from there x

I do plan on being in the garden as much as possible today x who can resist the sunshine x

shortstuff
19-05-2014, 09:26 PM
Well to give a little update x

I did go out yesterday and buy new clothes. I got a gorgeous new 2 layer skirt, top layer silk. Its dark brown at the bottom, getting lighter as it goes up to my waist. I also bought a beautiful dress which I would like to wear to a wedding evening do at the end of the month. Is it acceptable to wear white as a guest?

I ate enough cr*p last week to gain 3lb but hopefully I can draw a line under it now.

I want to say thanks to you guys for just being there, means so much x thanks x

Bumble Beez
20-05-2014, 04:32 AM
:) hugs for shortstuff x
Retail therapy is such a good healer at times...skirt sounds beautiful too.
Start thinking positive again...eating better will make you feel better, and you'll probably shake a few lbs too which is a bonus!!
I have always thought it was a very traditional thing with weddings that only the bride wore white...however I don't think it's so much a 'thing' anymore and I would be inclined to say yes to wearing white...saying that tho, I may be an idea to check that the blushing bride didn't mind first!!

Sarah x

shortstuff
20-05-2014, 04:43 AM
:) hugs for shortstuff x
Retail therapy is such a good healer at times...skirt sounds beautiful too.
Start thinking positive again...eating better will make you feel better, and you'll probably shake a few lbs too which is a bonus!!
I have always thought it was a very traditional thing with weddings that only the bride wore white...however I don't think it's so much a 'thing' anymore and I would be inclined to say yes to wearing white...saying that tho, I may be an idea to check that the blushing bride didn't mind first!!

Sarah x

Thanks Sarah. I will get oh to ask x its one of his colleagues x

FussyElmo
20-05-2014, 07:25 AM
Well to give a little update x

I did go out yesterday and buy new clothes. I got a gorgeous new 2 layer skirt, top layer silk. Its dark brown at the bottom, getting lighter as it goes up to my waist. I also bought a beautiful dress which I would like to wear to a wedding evening do at the end of the month. Is it acceptable to wear white as a guest?

I ate enough cr*p last week to gain 3lb but hopefully I can draw a line under it now.

I want to say thanks to you guys for just being there, means so much x thanks x

The skirt sounds beautiful Im glad you treated yourself xx

shortstuff
20-05-2014, 09:14 AM
The skirt sounds beautiful Im glad you treated yourself xx

Thanks Fussy xx

smurfette
20-05-2014, 09:32 AM
Glad you feeling better and skirt sounds lovely!

shortstuff
20-05-2014, 10:25 AM
Glad you feeling better and skirt sounds lovely!

Thanks murphf x