PDA

View Full Version : Which register do I need to be on??? EYFS or Childcare?

LIZ77
05-05-2014, 04:29 PM
Hi,

I have been childminding for a number of years now. At the moment I am only minding part-time (before and after school children) My annual Ofsted fee is due...the invoice they have sent me is for £35 which means I will be registered on all 3 registers. At present I have two children who are aged 5 years but they're in reception class so still classed in the early years age group until July???. The other children I care for are between 6 and 11 years.

I have no intention of caring for under 5's again. I would like to be taken off the Early Years register and just remain on the Childcare and the Voluntary ones, but I'm not sure if I still need to be on the Early Years register until my 2 minded children go into year 1 at school. Can anyone please advise me on this ??? I'm confused :) Any thoughts much appreciated....

Many thanks

Simona
06-05-2014, 07:13 AM
Hi,

I have been childminding for a number of years now. At the moment I am only minding part-time (before and after school children) My annual Ofsted fee is due...the invoice they have sent me is for £35 which means I will be registered on all 3 registers. At present I have two children who are aged 5 years but they're in reception class so still classed in the early years age group until July???. The other children I care for are between 6 and 11 years.

I have no intention of caring for under 5's again. I would like to be taken off the Early Years register and just remain on the Childcare and the Voluntary ones, but I'm not sure if I still need to be on the Early Years register until my 2 minded children go into year 1 at school. Can anyone please advise me on this ??? I'm confused :) Any thoughts much appreciated....

Many thanks

At the moment our fee has been frozen by Truss for a year at £35 for the 3 registers but things are changing due to new legislation and the consultation and the changes coming in Sept 2014 which include schools
I would look at all the options you have including the cost of registering if you opt out of the EY register...

Ofsted have published all new factsheets on the Registers
We now have the Childcare and EY registers only because of the changes

If you want to be a home Childcarer that is when you can register voluntarily

Just google Ofsted and go on the registers' page where all the info is there for you...there is a huge amount

LIZ77
06-05-2014, 09:14 AM
Thanks. I have looked at some of the fact sheets on the different registers on the Ofsted website. I think looking at that I still need to be on the Early Years register until 1st Sept ? (it says until the 31st August following the child's 5th birthday). I just wondered if I would still need to be on that register given the fact that I no longer intend to mind children in that age group x

sarah707
06-05-2014, 05:27 PM
If you stay on the early years register you are giving yourself the opportunity to look after a reception age child - if you come off the register you won't...

If you stay on the EY register you'll only have to pay £35 BUT of course you will get an inspection...

If you come off the register and change your mind it will be really hard to get back on it again in the future...

Hope that helps xx

Simona
07-05-2014, 07:18 AM
If you stay on the early years register you are giving yourself the opportunity to look after a reception age child - if you come off the register you won't...

If you stay on the EY register you'll only have to pay £35 BUT of course you will get an inspection...

If you come off the register and change your mind it will be really hard to get back on it again in the future...

Hope that helps xx

yes...the inspection could be one with 'no children on roll'...which means no downgrading now, just making sure the CM can stay registered.

I have looked into this and I do not understand why it 'would be really hard to get back on it in future'?
Is this to do with agencies?...or something Ofsted have said that we are unaware of?

Cms are free to be on whichever register the want and from Sept 2014 our options widen...with implications of course but they are not dire.

LIZ77....the choice is yours
There is nothing that states you need to come off the EY register if you do not want to care for 0-5.

I would remain on the EY register until September then decide what to do...there is also the matter of the fee which for the EY register is £35...frozen for a year....but higher for the other registers

Interesting issue this... keep us posted on what you decide to do.