PDA

View Full Version : Help please! Contract/Child Record Form/All About Me

zanacal
01-05-2014, 06:04 PM
I'm getting my knickers in a twist!

I thought I was pretty much ready to go. I have a Child Record Form from my LA and have put together my own All About Me forms using Sarah's ebooks as a guide but not duplicating what had already been included in the Child Record Form.

This week I received the MM contracts and I see there's lots of duplication of things like permissions. So I thought maybe I'd use the template on childcare.co.uk and use my own contracts - but lots of the information in there duplicates my Child Record Form!!

I know that a contract is necessary to protect the childminder and parent and the All About Me form is optional - but what about the Child Record Form? I'm wondering whether necessary information such as emergency contact details could be included in the contract and the remaining information in the All About Me form.

Thank you!

Simona
02-05-2014, 01:10 PM
I'm getting my knickers in a twist!

I thought I was pretty much ready to go. I have a Child Record Form from my LA and have put together my own All About Me forms using Sarah's ebooks as a guide but not duplicating what had already been included in the Child Record Form.

This week I received the MM contracts and I see there's lots of duplication of things like permissions. So I thought maybe I'd use the template on childcare.co.uk and use my own contracts - but lots of the information in there duplicates my Child Record Form!!

I know that a contract is necessary to protect the childminder and parent and the All About Me form is optional - but what about the Child Record Form? I'm wondering whether necessary information such as emergency contact details could be included in the contract and the remaining information in the All About Me form.

Thank you!

This is my personal view

Child record forms is where I write all personal details about a child, GP, past medical history, vaccination etc etc
That is part of a child's contract and never shared with anyone but parents

All about me...I call that 'Starting Points' and record them in their Portfolio or LJs from all the info gathered initially from parents about development and progress and what I observe during the 1st few weeks of attendance
This gives me a good idea how to plan according to what the child can already do, what is emerging and those I would expect

You are right ..too many documents duplicate info...avoid them at all costs..it does cut an awful lot of paperwork :thumbsup:

zanacal
02-05-2014, 01:33 PM
Thank you, that's really useful.

When I searched for example contracts online I found a council had produced a document which was what I currently have as the contract/child record form/permissions all in one. That makes sense to me and I can't see any issue with doing it this way, can you? Even if it needs amending or re-doing (which I understand to be necessary on an annual basis anyway) then there's not a great cost implication if it's something I can print myself at home and not too time consuming if it's only one document. It makes sense to me that this type of confidential/personal information be kept together and the starting points/All About Me be part of the learning journey :)

Simona
05-05-2014, 07:48 AM
Thank you, that's really useful.

When I searched for example contracts online I found a council had produced a document which was what I currently have as the contract/child record form/permissions all in one. That makes sense to me and I can't see any issue with doing it this way, can you? Even if it needs amending or re-doing (which I understand to be necessary on an annual basis anyway) then there's not a great cost implication if it's something I can print myself at home and not too time consuming if it's only one document. It makes sense to me that this type of confidential/personal information be kept together and the starting points/All About Me be part of the learning journey :)

You can have all the info in your contract....I personally do, neat, tidy and very much to the point avoiding duplication and very lengthy documents which are a waste of time and paper.

If you were to produce a Prospectus and then add the registration/contract/terms and condition to it all the info can be in there.....in one doc and you can update that contract any time you want and the prospectus too so that it reflects current practice and govt changes to your setting

I know many say you need the right words...yes you do and that is not difficult to do and to get them checked
The most important thing is a contract where all parties sign the T&C and comply to them.

Good luck

Nicola_tabb
05-05-2014, 09:07 AM
Hi

I don't think there is anything wrong with your suggested approach. However I prefer to have separate child record forms because they are easier if you need to register a child for a group or get them emergency medical treatment. They have all of the information you need for those purposes on one piece of paper, and also they prevent you from disclosing additional personal information to people who don't need to see it (Data Protection). Contracts, all about me forms etc, have a lot more personal information in than a basic child record form.

My child record form also incorporates consent to seek emergency medical treatment. This is useful because again it means you only need to pick up one piece of paper in an emergency and the information is limited to what you need. I use the PACEY forms.

I hope this is helpful

Nicola

rickysmiths
05-05-2014, 02:02 PM
Hi

I don't think there is anything wrong with your suggested approach. However I prefer to have separate child record forms because they are easier if you need to register a child for a group or get them emergency medical treatment. They have all of the information you need for those purposes on one piece of paper, and also they prevent you from disclosing additional personal information to people who don't need to see it (Data Protection). Contracts, all about me forms etc, have a lot more personal information in than a basic child record form.

My child record form also incorporates consent to seek emergency medical treatment. This is useful because again it means you only need to pick up one piece of paper in an emergency and the information is limited to what you need. I use the PACEY forms.

I hope this is helpful

Nicola

Since Sept 2012 you have not required this permission. It is not worth the paper it is written on for two reasons:

1. Would you take on a child whose parent refused to sign it? I wouldn't.

2. You would be negligent if you didn't seek expert medical help for a child who needed it and the medical authorities couldn't care less if you have the parents signed permission or not because as we do, they have a Duty of Care to the child and they will treat them anyway. The only information useful to them is any allergies or religious needs.

I do wish people would read they EYFS Welfare requirements.

zanacal
06-05-2014, 06:55 PM
Thanks again all.

Simona - if I wanted somebody to check over my contracts for peace of mind who would I go to? A solicitor?

Simona
06-05-2014, 07:55 PM
Thanks again all.

Simona - if I wanted somebody to check over my contracts for peace of mind who would I go to? A solicitor?

My advice is yes... a solicitor would be best because they understand the legal words and get 'confusing' bits right
It shouldn't cost much for an hour of their time if you explain you want it 'checked' rather than them 'writing' it...if you know what I mean!

Let us know how you get on if you use one.