PDA

View Full Version : Childminding trade association

ginag
29-04-2014, 07:38 AM
Morning!:)
Just wondered if anyone has joined the Independent Childminders Social Enterprise (*******)?
I've long thought we need the option of a proper Trade Union fulfilling some of the aspects not covered by PACEY and this seems to be one but I had never heard of it til today!
Just wondered if anyone believes they may be effective in supporting and representing us?

Gina xx

ginag
29-04-2014, 07:41 AM
Not sure why there are asterisks have appeared it should be should spell the initials of the Union not a swear word!!
Gina xx

shortstuff
29-04-2014, 08:56 AM
sorry but i havent heard of it. Im sure someone will be along shortly.

bunyip
29-04-2014, 10:34 AM
It cannot be a Trade Union by definition. Trade Unions support the rights and aspirations of employees. We are not employees. :confused:

Simona
29-04-2014, 02:52 PM
It is not a Trade Union but a Trade Association...or professional association with membership of people with a common interest and it promotes their trade

if you want to find out more why not contact them via their website...I am sure they will explain what they do

The difference explained here
United Kingdom Professional Bodies and Trade Associations - UK ECC-Services (http://www.ukecc-services.net/ukpbata.cfm)

we are self employed but there are trade 'unions' that would cover us...I have researched this but it needs a huge number of cms joining...not just the odd one