PDA

View Full Version : Diets

amylouise867
28-04-2014, 06:44 PM
Few of us were discussing our diets couple of weeks back just wondering how much you've all lost and how it's going.

I started off great. Lost 5lbs in 2 weeks then Easter struck and I put 2lbs back on (grrr) which is great considering the chocolate consumption and I very guiltily had 2 take outs - I'm finding it hard to resist my Indian curries.

Anyways the diet has started again today - no chocolate, crisps, cake or bread :/ Borinell

Slimmer for summer - come on!! Lol :) x

jadavi
28-04-2014, 09:55 PM
I am trying the sensible way - not doing a restrictive diet as want to keep it off this time so doing things I can live with - maybe... Like only drinking at weekends, cutting down on wheat , trying not to eat after 6 pm, swimming a lot in the evenings. Having fruit or smoothie where i'd rather have chocolate .... Not eating between meals, upping my protein to deal with cravings
Lost 2.5 lbs last week.
My trouble is holidays and special days like Xmas and meals out... And changes to my routine ...

EmmaReed84
29-04-2014, 07:07 AM
From Sept 2012 to Jan 2013 I lost 10lbs from not even 'trying' I still ate crap, but the only thing I did do, was cut my portion size down, I ate slower and CHEWED my food...

I popped on the scales in Jan, expecting the worse and almost fell over when I realised I have actually lost! I then started making more smaller changes, so when having a roast dinner, instead of having 1/3 meat 1/3 veg and 1/3 roast potatoes, I have 1/4 meat 1/4 potatoes and 1/2 veg and always at least 3 different veggies.

I didn't deny myself chocolate, but instead when I really need that sweetness, I had strawberries with melted chocolate - It's amazing how far a little bit of chocolate goes when you melt it.

I also never denied myself other treats, if I wanted a McDonalds, I had one. I just made sure the rest of my food choices were better ones.

I think the problem with 'diets' and cutting out foods, you can slip up, then feel bad about slipping up and fall back in to eating all the foods you 'gave up'

I have tried so many diets in the past and this has been the only thing that has truly worked for me. Over the past year I have been between 8st7lbs and 9st I have not gone over 9st since losing my weight. Before I was about 10st 10lbs!

Also, another point weight - IT CHANGES DAILY! Measure yourself. feel the fit of your clothes and look in the mirror!

I know one person who weighed herself one day, then weighed herself about 4 days later and she had gone up 3lbs and she was devastated... evening though it is physically impossible to put 3lbs of fat on 4 days - it was more likey water weight.

Sorry for rambling on, but I love fitness! :)

funemnx
29-04-2014, 07:16 AM
I tried the 5:2 diet but struggled to get down to 500 cals on the fasting days so now I'm doing it the tried and tested calorie counting way. Allow myself more at the weekend (wine and eating out) and 1280 a day during the week. Lost 7lb fairly quickly - slow now but as I expected. Also using a pedometer and most days manage my 10,000 steps - thank you school runs! :thumbsup: