PDA

View Full Version : Tracking & New Mindee

Rosy Days
26-04-2014, 10:58 PM
Hi all, I have a new baby starting soon, I've completed all the paperwork and all about me information with regard to routines etc ... just wanted to ask with regard to Early Years Outcomes.

I use a Local Authority tracker and I need to go through this and highlight baby's starting points, do any of you go through it with the parents initially to check where baby is up to or do you just do it based on your initial observations?

Thank you x :)

bernesewalking
27-04-2014, 06:18 AM
I go through it with parent and then highlight the areas in a separate colour and just write a ' p' for parent along side it.

Kaybeaa
27-04-2014, 07:48 AM
Personally I get everything I can from the all about me, and from observing the child initially for a couple of weeks. I then arrange a meeting with parents where I show them my observations and ask if they have any to add. This is then put in with my normal obs but highlighted red so I can see that it's their ob and not mine. My inspector loved this as shows working in partnership x

Simona
27-04-2014, 08:01 AM
Hi all, I have a new baby starting soon, I've completed all the paperwork and all about me information with regard to routines etc ... just wanted to ask with regard to Early Years Outcomes.

I use a Local Authority tracker and I need to go through this and highlight baby's starting points, do any of you go through it with the parents initially to check where baby is up to or do you just do it based on your initial observations?

Thank you x :)

With any child starting you need to gather as much info as you can from the parents during settling in or home visits...then observe him/her in your setting for a while so you can complete an 'all about me' form if that is what you use but it is called 'starting points' ...all about me is not a statutory form to use despite the fact LAs like to give out their version...your own will do just as well

Once you have observed your child and get to know the learning style and interests and know all his starting points you can start planning the next steps of his learning...when that is done you observe and track his progress

Again using the LAs forms is fine but your own is just as good here as well...remember LAs role in supporting us is changing and do not add paperwork to your burden

Hope that helps

wee_elf
05-05-2014, 09:03 PM
I agree, get as much info as possible from parents, while recording that it is their contribution x