PDA

View Full Version : Setting up a budget payment plan

kaz1501
24-04-2014, 04:21 PM
Hi everyone,
I have tried twice today to ring Revenue & Customs only to be on hold for half an hour and still didn't get through :(

I have submitted my tax return online and have some tax to pay. I want to set up a direct debit budget plan and it asks for my payment reference number, in their notes it says its a 10 digit number ending with the letter K.
On my Notice to complete a tax return there is a 10 digit Tax Reference number but no letter K.
Do I use this number & just add the letter K?

Apologies if I am being dim! But I don't want to set up a direct debit and it not go to the right place!!:panic:

Many thanks
Karen

Chatterbox Childcare
27-04-2014, 06:20 PM
Have a look at any documentation that you have received from the HMRC relating to your tax coding and it should be on there

Chatterbox Childcare
27-04-2014, 06:20 PM
Have you thought about putting the money in a savings account or isa and get interest on it and then withdraw it when needed in January. Better in your pocket than the HMRC if you are able to leave it there until needed.

kaz1501
28-04-2014, 07:39 AM
Have you thought about putting the money in a savings account or isa and get interest on it and then withdraw it when needed in January. Better in your pocket than the HMRC if you are able to leave it there until needed.

Thanks, Debbie. That's what I am doing :)