PDA

View Full Version : shocked at health declaration cost

Kidston
24-04-2014, 12:10 PM
Just called my doctors to see how much it would cost for my health declaration and I was told £120!!!! I wanted to cry
She said if its a full body exam medical declaration where they need my height and weight it was £120!

Does anyone know is it a full body exam declaration?
Im so tempted to move to a docs that charges less.

Kerry84
24-04-2014, 12:13 PM
Mine was £15 they only have to fill in the form supplied by ofsted about your medical history and if they have any concerns! I don't understand why some docs charge so much!! Xx

leahsfx
24-04-2014, 12:19 PM
You don't need a full medical. My doctor tried charging me £150!! I questioned it and the receptionist checked again and realised it was incorrect. Just an OFSTED form filling in is needed, no medical check. Mine cost £30

shortstuff
24-04-2014, 12:23 PM
Your receptionist might think it is more than just a form. Maybe you should call them back and let them know this information. It might change the fee they are looking to charge you.

I thought i had read somewhere on the forum that the fee had been capped but cant remember what the cap was, sorry.

Kidston
24-04-2014, 12:28 PM
Thank you everyone.

Do ofsted send me the form or do I need to download it? If I can download it I may print it off and take it them.to show them

Taylored
24-04-2014, 12:30 PM
I think the fee is capped at £120 but the doctors surgery can charge whatever they like upto that amount sadly. Mine cost £60 or £80 (cant remember now) and took 3 weeks. There is a thread in this part of the site where we were comparing prices.

I would not advice moving gps though lol unless you can wait - your notes will take a while to transfer over and the form will take an eternity ;-)

Vikki5531
24-04-2014, 02:49 PM
Thank you everyone. Do ofsted send me the form or do I need to download it? If I can download it I may print it off and take it them.to show them

Hi,

Yes if you go on the Ofsted website, you can download the Health Declaration booklet and print this out.

There are parts for you to fill in and a section for your Dr to complete xx

joannes
26-04-2014, 12:39 PM
Mine was £100. I was fuming but had seen on here that some can charge that so paid in the only way they'd allow, by cheque. They didn't bother to cash it for two and a half MONTHS which has meant I've incurred bank charges as I had set up a different account and had a few cheques go out for everything in the two weeks after I gave them it. I have written a FUMING letter to the doctors accusing them of putting profit before customer care due to the stress their management has caused. I appreciate it isn't a priority but for the sake of a few ticks, stamps and two shorthand sentences, £100 is really taking the michael.

covgalxxx
26-04-2014, 01:16 PM
I got 2 lines from the doctor for £16 , never go doctors, the doctor last saw me when told me I was pregnant, I rarely ill, never got checked

AdeleMarie88
26-04-2014, 03:59 PM
Mine was £60!

FloraDora
26-04-2014, 04:05 PM
I think if you look on the form the doctors information part explaining what ofsted want actually says there is no need to see the applicant.
Take the form, highlight this bit and the receptionist will alter quote I think. You do not need to put your height and weight on the form. They expect the doctor to fill it in from your notes. I did provide the doctor with my latest eye prescription as he was not sure of completing that section as he had no knowledge of this. Mine did not charge, big differences in price it seems, totally led by GP policies.

Kidston
03-06-2014, 02:25 PM
Just tp update I have since gone back to the doctors with a copy of the health declaration and explained how much cheaper some doctors are and how expensive registerig is and just had a phone call from the doctor saying they will do it for £10!
Im so happy! Big weight off my mind as moneys really tight at the moment.

So its worth challenging the price they give you

tonib
03-06-2014, 03:31 PM
Mine was £87.50!!!!

Bumble Beez
03-06-2014, 04:16 PM
Mine was £10 when I originally registered in 2005...and was £10 this time too.
Can't grumble at my chosen surgery :)

Sarah x

JKL
03-06-2014, 04:19 PM
I wasn't charged at all for mine. Must've been having a good day!

Koala
03-06-2014, 06:25 PM
Just tp update I have since gone back to the doctors with a copy of the health declaration and explained how much cheaper some doctors are and how expensive registerig is and just had a phone call from the doctor saying they will do it for £10!
Im so happy! Big weight off my mind as moneys really tight at the moment.

So its worth challenging the price they give you

I am really pleased for you that it worked out.

I am absolutely disgusted at your doctors - if they can do it for a tenner why try and screw you for £120.00 in the first place? They should be ashamed of themselves, robbing :censored: Money is tight for everyone and tricks like this really get my goat!!!! :angry:

TabbyTuTu
18-06-2014, 12:34 PM
I was under the impression they had a maximum set amount they could charge which was eighty pound something but that it differed between surgeries? :-/

Lal
18-06-2014, 12:42 PM
I was shocked at the cost of mine, but in a good way. I was expecting to pay £87.50 as suggested by BMA, was told over the phone I had to pay £50, got there and only had to pay £15 (think I miss heard the £50). So I am really pleased, but I think it should be a set national charge so we all know what to expect.

Smileyface
18-06-2014, 01:08 PM
Oh wow I was charged £80 for mine

Maza
18-06-2014, 03:55 PM
Can't remember what I was charged but my friend who was with the same surgery got charged less than me a few weeks earlier. I should have pulled them up over it, don't know why I didn't.

Angela234
18-06-2014, 09:18 PM
I wasn't charged anything in 2003