PDA

View Full Version : Ofsted Big Conversation - next NW meeting!!

sarah707
23-04-2014, 07:13 PM
Ofsted Big Conversation NW regional meeting – Saturday 17th May – Broughton Children’s Centre, Salford

I'll be there speaking up for childminders... will you? :clapping::clapping:

Ofsted Big Conversation, NW regional open meeting Tickets, Salford - Eventbrite (http://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/ofsted-big-conversation-nw-regional-open-meeting-tickets-11218965227)

sarah707
02-05-2014, 08:51 AM
The capacity has been increased twice to accommodate extra delegates - there are still a few tickets left if you can come along :clapping::clapping:

sarah707
04-05-2014, 11:11 AM
:update: :update:

Sold out! 120 delegates and a waiting list! :clapping:

I hope to meet some colleagues there

wee_elf
08-05-2014, 08:39 PM
That's great that there has been such a interest :D

Simona
18-05-2014, 07:39 AM
Has anyone come across any feedback from other OBC meetings apart from the London one?

I believe most meetings have now taken place so it would be good to share what was discussed and any further actions...so far only London has done so unless I missed the feedback from others?
Did any CMs attend their local OBC ...how was it?

rickysmiths
18-05-2014, 03:02 PM
Goodness I wish the London ones were on a Sat. So far ours have been during the day and if they do this again I won't be able to attend again which is a shame. I think it is very discriminating toward childminders but they don't seem to understand as it is run by a Nursery Manager.

Simona
19-05-2014, 06:33 AM
Goodness I wish the London ones were on a Sat. So far ours have been during the day and if they do this again I won't be able to attend again which is a shame. I think it is very discriminating toward childminders but they don't seem to understand as it is run by a Nursery Manager.

If it was on a Saturday many would not be able to make it...the same that some can't make during the week...it is never easy organising such events as there is always disappointment

I would say that the Chair of the London OBC is a bit more than a 'nursery manager'...... would you not?
the important thing is that CMs attend and have their say and I would say CMs are speaking up and being herd...whether it will make a difference we will have to wait and see