PDA

View Full Version : Shift worker/me changing contract

Karen1
22-04-2014, 08:50 PM
Hi

I have a term time only shift worker who I was happy to take on and still happy to have, but....

On contract I have put mon/tue/wed 7-3 hours to be given in advance. (This was done as my first shift worker contract and now a year in....oh well )

Plus, I only charge for the hours used. (Which I am happy with as it's term time only).

Now. I have had child since February and during this time, she has only had a total of two weeks where she has had two days in a week. Therefore, I am keeping a space open for the three days a week and only getting paid for that one space (as hours given a month in advance), and obviously I need to be filling those spaces!

Can I change her contract to an ad hoc contract? Or ???? Wording it....obv. Rough draft..

Dear x, this is an amendment to your current contract. This will not effect the hours and days you require, and please still inform me of your hours and days in advance. This change will allow me to fill the spaces on the days that you do not require care. Therefore, I am changing your contract to an ad hoc contract. Any questions, then please ask.

Is this right or not, I just want to be able to free up those spaces?..ideas

Tia

Kiddleywinks
22-04-2014, 09:53 PM
Hi I have a term time only shift worker who I was happy to take on and still happy to have, but.... On contract I have put mon/tue/wed 7-3 hours to be given in advance. (This was done as my first shift worker contract and now a year in....oh well ) Plus, I only charge for the hours used. (Which I am happy with as it's term time only). Now. I have had child since February and during this time, she has only had a total of two weeks where she has had two days in a week. Therefore, I am keeping a space open for the three days a week and only getting paid for that one space (as hours given a month in advance), and obviously I need to be filling those spaces! Can I change her contract to an ad hoc contract? Or ???? Wording it....obv. Rough draft.. Dear x, this is an amendment to your current contract. This will not effect the hours and days you require, and please still inform me of your hours and days in advance. This change will allow me to fill the spaces on the days that you do not require care. Therefore, I am changing your contract to an ad hoc contract. Any questions, then please ask. Is this right or not, I just want to be able to free up those spaces?..ideas Tia

Personally, as it's been over a year, I would do a contract review, point out that the original terms can no longer apply - you are having to turn people away because you're saving a space for her, only for it not to be used or paid for, and then re negotiate either full payment for the space or offer ad hoc if you have space

tess1981
23-04-2014, 07:03 AM
Sounds like a good idea

Karen1
23-04-2014, 12:43 PM
Thank you, will do that.

wee_elf
28-04-2014, 11:20 AM
How has the parent reacted to the contract review? x