PDA

View Full Version : visitors book

mimo
24-07-2008, 04:39 PM
Ok this is going to be a daft question , But who do you get to sign your visitors book .Do you get parents to sign it when they come to collect there children ??.i dont really tend to get visitors whilst i am working so therefore it would only get signed when i have an inspection and the inspector would then think i only use it when she is around. Feel i should have a visitors book but cant see it getting used.

SimplyLucy
24-07-2008, 05:05 PM
I have a visitors book. I don't get parents to sign it, although if they hang around for too long I do as it makes them feel really uncomfortable! :D

My sister often pops round to use my computer so she goes in it. I had someone round to measure up for an extension, he went in. The OFSTED inspector went in the other day.

Basically anyone who enters my house during working hours (apart from parents) gets to give me their signature in my book!

sarah707
24-07-2008, 05:19 PM
Same as Lucy :D

jaz
24-07-2008, 05:47 PM
Ditto above, but obviously only during work hours.

J
x

Bushpig
24-07-2008, 06:10 PM
The gas man, my sister (seems all sister's enjoy visiting us to use our computers! lol), and OFSTED inspector on Tuesday... never the parents. I do not deem them visitors. They practically live at my place anyhow, esp in the evening, we chat for far too long about their little ones ;)

Interestingly, the inspector said this was the first time she has had to sign in at a childminder's... she always does at nurseries. I thought this was the norm!?

donnahay0
24-07-2008, 10:18 PM
I don't have many visitors -sometimes I think about grabbing somebody in off the street just to make me look like I have loads of friends.

Trouble is, when somebody does come round i forget to get them to sign it. The cooker repair man is on it though - you feel a bit of a twit asking them to sign your visitors book - you get some really strange looks.

Bushpig
24-07-2008, 10:22 PM
haha Donna, I know what you mean and have felt the same before ;) But then I try and remind myself that I am out a lot :cool: and playdates etc. are often elsewhere.