PDA

View Full Version : New Online Ofsted Registration....

LittleRabbits
18-04-2014, 12:19 PM
Hi, I am just wandering if anyone has registered with the new online method, it started around July 2013.... Me and my friend are registering as childminders to work together and sent off our online application 3 weeks ago. I think it can take up to 12 weeks for Ofsted to come out and register us but just wandering if anyone has used this process and how long it took?? I'm really hoping they come within 12 weeks...

Thanks guys :thumbsup:

Vikki5531
18-04-2014, 02:44 PM
Hi, I am just wandering if anyone has registered with the new online method, it started around July 2013.... Me and my friend are registering as childminders to work together and sent off our online application 3 weeks ago. I think it can take up to 12 weeks for Ofsted to come out and register us but just wandering if anyone has used this process and how long it took?? I'm really hoping they come within 12 weeks... Thanks guys :thumbsup:

Hi there,

I submitted my online application to Ofsted on the 5th April.

Within the first week I received a pre-paid envelope to return my Health Declaration booklet and both my friends received their Referee questions.

Beginning of this week I received my security token reference from Ofsted along with the invoice to pay the £35 registration fee.

So now I have done everything and I'm just awaiting the date for their visit!

Good luck with your application and keep us updated xx

LittleRabbits
18-04-2014, 07:46 PM
Thanks, I did see in another post someone sent off their application around 25th March and already had their prepaid envelope and had paid their Ofsted fee and they were coming to visit them after Easter. Wander why we haven't heard anything back yet. I will ring them on Tues when open again, as when I log in and look at my application history, it says the application ID needs manually checking but I cannot change it so must be something to do with their side of things..... just want it all sorted

zanacal
20-04-2014, 07:50 AM
I think that must have been me - my inspection is on Thursday. I was surprised how quickly it all happened!

LittleRabbits
20-04-2014, 08:51 AM
Lucky u! We sent ours off 28th march n still nothing :-(

zanacal
20-04-2014, 12:50 PM
I did send my references with my application which perhaps helped?

LittleRabbits
20-04-2014, 07:49 PM
We did too, both of us uploaded 2 references each and from diff people. Maybe it's because we are looking to work together and hav an assistant that it's taking a bit longer

LittleRabbits
21-04-2014, 04:31 PM
I will be on the phone to Ofsted tomorrow lol, just to check nothing is wrong. I understand it can take some time to hear back but the fact there is that red bar across my application in the history is a bit worrying. it says:

'The following items require manual checking and linking. Individual (A1)'

and then it has a box for 'Individual ID' which is blank and I cannot type into. Then it says 'Link Status' and 'manual check required' and 'please lookup this individual and link it to its record in RSA'

It might be nothing but would rather ring and check. I want to be up and registered asap!!

sing-low
21-04-2014, 07:15 PM
Def phone to check. When I registered (a year ago now) I called them to find out what was going on and was told that the paperwork was effectively sitting on someone's desk and was only actioned because I'd phoned!!!! I know it's a different system but it's the same Ofsted!

Bumble Beez
21-04-2014, 07:22 PM
Yeah I agree...phone tomorrow and check.
It's a bit odd when others have submitted theirs and heard back already and you haven't...
Keep us posted on what they say x

Sarah x

LittleRabbits
22-04-2014, 06:54 PM
Well... I phoned on my mobile to go thru all the automated qs for my phone to then lose signal and it cut off (I work in an area with awful signal and work 8-6) but theyre only open until 6pm :-( I could risk using works phone at the nursery but if they listened in on the call theyd know haha!!

The good news is my friends application who I am working together with has had a message saying EYC is now complete and been given her URN :-) so im guessing she'l have a letter soon :-) now to wait for mine!!

Bumble Beez
22-04-2014, 07:51 PM
Well...The good news is my friends application who I am working together with has had a message saying EYC is now complete and been given her URN :-) so im guessing she'l have a letter soon :-) now to wait for mine!!

Yippee...sounds like it'll be very soon for you huni x

Sarah x

LittleRabbits
24-04-2014, 09:32 PM
Wahoo she has had her letter with prepaid envelope :-) does she just put health dec n send or do u include anything to say ref of application form? My form history says it was opened 2 days ago n then closed again within minutes which is all they seem to do with my form. Hope its not too much longer

Bumble Beez
25-04-2014, 07:39 AM
As far as I am aware it's just your health declaration...:thumbsup:

Sarah x

LittleRabbits
26-04-2014, 07:16 PM
Well now I am confused.... I have received a letter with my OST (Ofsted security token) but my form still hasn't been completed by Ofsted online (their side) and I have not received my prepaid envelope.... where it says 'Our Reference' at top of letter, that is same reference as my friend has so im hoping they know we are together.

Has anyone else received their OST? I have also got in the letter - another document 'Guide to accessing the online Self-evaluation form' Do I enrol in SEF now? or too early as not been registered?

LittleRabbits
26-04-2014, 07:55 PM
All of us that are connected to my friends application form have received an OST so I think that is why the reference is the same as hers. Why would the others need that? They have done DBS checks but I thought the OST was just for the SEF?

LittleRabbits
10-05-2014, 10:44 PM
I rung ofsted and apparently my form is missing an EY2 form....? Strange! We did all our EY2 forms. Dont understand why it let me submit my EYC if the extra forms hadnt been submitted fully. And why on earth has ofsted not contacted me to say this? They last opened my form 22nd april. Iv re done an EY2 anyway.

Bumble Beez
12-05-2014, 06:25 AM
If you have received your OST then you can use it to enrol on ofsted online, for SEF and other things like paying your fee, checking your application status etc...

Does seem strange that an EY2 form is missing as they wouldn't even allow me to submit my form until all connected EY2 forms were complete and had been submitted?!

Just a waiting game now tho...and that's the worst part :eek:

Sarah x

Bumble Beez
12-05-2014, 06:27 AM
Oh also, my DH received an OST and used it...he now has access to see the status of my application (although not detailed) and to update his details etc...

Sarah x

LittleRabbits
16-05-2014, 08:49 PM
Oh and I rang Ofsted again and they are now telling me there are other EY2 forms missing and now they say they cant find my online EYC and may have to do it again. What on earth are they playing at. I have an application number but not EY ref num yet.... And I can see in the history that a staff member has opened and viewed my form, its got her name there. Need to spk to another department but they shut at 5 and I wrk til 6. Im off on thursday so will definately be ringing them n getting it all sorted!!

LittleRabbits
16-05-2014, 08:50 PM
If you have received your OST then you can use it to enrol on ofsted online, for SEF and other things like paying your fee, checking your application status etc... Does seem strange that an EY2 form is missing as they wouldn't even allow me to submit my form until all connected EY2 forms were complete and had been submitted?! Just a waiting game now tho...and that's the worst part :eek: Sarah x

My EYC form states all 4 EY2 forms have been completed and submitted so how does that work then?

Bumble Beez
17-05-2014, 06:27 AM
My EYC form states all 4 EY2 forms have been completed and submitted so how does that work then?

Hmmm...I would question it again as something clearly isn't adding up...
I spoke to them yesterday to be told that although my form is complete, it's still being reviewed, there is a huge backlog to get through and it hadn't even been passed over to prospects yet...despite me being told by someone else that it had been...arrrggghhhhh...

Sarah x

LittleRabbits
30-05-2014, 08:07 PM
They r ****** useless. I have rung them a few times. Rang again today and have now been told they dont know why my form not going through. I have to speak to applications team but they close at 5. I will try phone on break and hope I don't lose signal. They have said maybe theyre confused because some people apply to be assistants with an EY2 form and also do EYC by mistake. So they think my eyc could be a mistake. I have done both forms because I want to be a childminder and I have had to do ey2 to link to my friends form. But I wrote on both our applications we both want to be childminders but working together on the same premises. Silly buggers

Bumble Beez
02-06-2014, 05:59 AM
Are you any further forward?

LittleRabbits
26-06-2014, 07:14 PM
Sort of yes. They finay found my form and sent me prepaid envelope for me to send off my health declaration so I posted it for them to reply a week later saying it's outdated! So annoyed! Have had to have another form signed by drs which my brother will pick up tomorrow for me. My friend is all signed off as suitable (she had to have health assessment) so now we wait.

jitterbug
27-06-2014, 07:21 PM
Sort of yes. They finay found my form and sent me prepaid envelope for me to send off my health declaration so I posted it for them to reply a week later saying it's outdated! So annoyed! Have had to have another form signed by drs which my brother will pick up tomorrow for me. My friend is all signed off as suitable (she had to have health assessment) so now we wait.

Sorry to hear that :-( within how many months should it be sent?

LittleRabbits
06-07-2014, 10:48 PM
Im not sure but I got dr to sign health dec back in Aug I think. My friend who im registering with had her health dec back off drs in Sept and Ofsted processed hers in April. So maybe they give 6 months?? It is silly because once this is processed, they wont ask for another to be done. You just keep ofsted up to date with any changes

LittleRabbits
09-07-2014, 07:37 PM
Wahoo brill news, Ofsted will be calling to arrange a registration visit. They will phone this week or next. Apparently after the visit, it takes 2 weeks to make a decision if pass or not... Is that true? I thought they told you there and then?

LittleRabbits
15-07-2014, 01:59 PM
Omg theyre coming Friday!!! Soooo excited! It's FINALLY happening!!! :-)

Vikki5531
15-07-2014, 02:03 PM
Omg theyre coming Friday!!! Soooo excited! It's FINALLY happening!!! :-)

Fab news! Good luck for Friday xx

LittleRabbits
15-07-2014, 02:52 PM
Thank you!! :-) is it Ofsted that come? She said on phone Early Years somet.... Got too excited to listen haha

Vikki5531
15-07-2014, 03:50 PM
Thank you!! :-) is it Ofsted that come? She said on phone Early Years somet.... Got too excited to listen haha

It was Prospects that did my pre-reg visit xx

LittleRabbits
15-07-2014, 04:45 PM
Who are prospects?

Vikki5531
15-07-2014, 05:09 PM
Who are prospects?

I think they work on behalf of Ofsted, the Inspector said she would type up my report and send it to Ofsted xx

Bundle
16-07-2014, 09:48 AM
Good luck for Friday! :)

LittleRabbits
16-07-2014, 06:42 PM
Ah I see. Thank you :-) very excited lol!!