PDA

View Full Version : pre reg meeting and forms

lavenderrose
24-07-2008, 01:30 PM
Hi all, i go to my pre reg meeting next Thursday where i will be given all the forms to fill in for Childminding. Now the question i have is :-
I have filled in and sent off the forms for the Voluntary Childminder registration, but not paid the fee yet. The form said you could fill in for home care or for childminder, so i did both. Does this meen i wont have to fill in the forms again?
I think the answer might be yes because they dont ask about other members of the household, but not sure

lavenderrose
25-07-2008, 12:31 PM
Because i am totaly confused about what to do, i have just telephoned Ofsted yet again ( they must be sick of me) and asked them did i send in the forms from my pre reg course next Thursday or because they have the vol reg forms do i not need to do all of this.
After some confusion on his side ( poor chap) i am good at confusion, he said i only need to fill in CM1 AND CM2, which ever one i havent filled in as yet for full childminding he will send on the me for hubby and self to fill in- CRB checks etc. But if i wish to Childmind over 8's now i can just do that untill September when it changes again:eek:
I will be glad when all this is sorted and i can just get on with the job. In the meentime over 8's come to mama:laughing:

Mollymop
25-07-2008, 12:35 PM
So they are saying that you can mind over 8's already with out being registered?

Minstrel
25-07-2008, 12:37 PM
After reading that i'm afraid i'm just as confused as you were!!!:panic:

Hope you get sorted in the end tho x:)

singlewiththree
25-07-2008, 01:40 PM
Congratulations on persevering!! its turned out worth it in the end then. So to clarify if you want to mind over 8's only you can as long as you fill in the voluntary childminding form?

I'm considering it as I hate where I work at the moment so much and am off with a sicknote at the moment with exhaustion but I know when I get back off my holiday I have to go back there and as I cant start the childminding course until Sept I would love to mind afterschools.

lavenderrose
25-07-2008, 02:04 PM
So they are saying that you can mind over 8's already with out being registered?

yes that is what they said. At the moment you dont have to register to mind over 8's but this will change in September

Mollymop
25-07-2008, 02:08 PM
Too except payment to look after any child you have to be registered, otherwise it is illegal no matter what age the child is, so I don't understand why ofsted would tell you it is ok to look after over 8's before you are registered. Good luck with your registration process, I hope it is quick xx

lavenderrose
25-07-2008, 02:08 PM
Congratulations on persevering!! its turned out worth it in the end then. So to clarify if you want to mind over 8's only you can as long as you fill in the voluntary childminding form?

I'm considering it as I hate where I work at the moment so much and am off with a sicknote at the moment with exhaustion but I know when I get back off my holiday I have to go back there and as I cant start the childminding course until Sept I would love to mind afterschools.

Hi at the moment you dont have to even do the voluntary reg with them to work with over 8's, but in September i think they are trying to get everyone who is not on the main register to do the voluntary one. That included nannies, home carers and the like.
It is very confusing, but i have trawled the net and midered ofsted to make sure that i am legal before i do this. If you go down the vol route you are give a number same as the main reg to give to parents so they can claim help with costs. Good to know in case something goes horrible wrong with my main reg. Wether you could get enough children to make a living out of it is another matter, but if i can get some over othe holidays while i am waiting i will be very pleased