PDA

View Full Version : Completing contracts

kmc13
15-04-2014, 04:41 PM
Hi,

I'm new to childminding and had my first interview last week.

But I just wondered, has anyone had parents want to take contracts and paperwork away with them to complete in their own time? Is this 'normal'?

Or should I set up a second interview for this?

Thanks

toddlers896
15-04-2014, 05:56 PM
i wouldnt let them take it home. I would ask them to come back and do it together. you complete and they read and sign x

tulip0803
15-04-2014, 06:37 PM
I complete contracts and permissions with the parents - If they are pushed for time they can take the all about me form home to fill in. Like toddlers says we go through it all together so there are no any misunderstandings and they understand why I am putting things in such as fees payable when child doesn't attend, payment in advance etc.

I remember a few years ago someone sent the contract home with the parent signed by the childminder and the parent changed things and sent it back - Hmmm not a good start

kmc13
15-04-2014, 06:56 PM
They sound like good ideas, thanks

karen2010
15-04-2014, 08:03 PM
I send permission paperwork, about me forms etc home with the Parents as they take ages to fill in - with the proviso they must be returned to me before the child starts.
Contracts ALWAYS completed with Parents present - saves any "little misunderstandings" about fees etc later on !!