PDA

View Full Version : Make a note of this ...

zanacal
14-04-2014, 08:48 AM
I'm setting up at the moment. On our course we were told to make notes of certain events, things the children say etc. Where do you do this? In your diary, on a form? Many thanks.

tess1981
14-04-2014, 08:53 AM
You really do have a lot of paper work I'm so glad I don't have this.....

JCrakers
14-04-2014, 11:35 AM
I use post-it notes and stick them into LJ's.

If a child says something significant like 'My Daddy is bigger than you' or ' look at this, the car is next to the lorry!' Sentences that mean they have learnt something such as preposition or similar then I just make a note, date it and link it to Literacy or Maths or whatever it links to :thumbsup:

karen2010
14-04-2014, 12:03 PM
I do that too. Have laminated A4 sheets with the 7 areas of learning, once I have written the post it stick it on relevant area of learning then update children's LJs every few weeks using them.
Helps you to remember the 7 areas of learning too !
Xxxx

zanacal
14-04-2014, 03:22 PM
Thank you. I was thinking more of incidents that you may want to keep note of in case they come to the forefront in future - a situation which may trigger a complaint or be a part of a bigger issue. I'm guessing those things would go in my personal diary?

karen2010
14-04-2014, 04:30 PM
Any accidents I fill out an accident form and get Parents to sign it. Have visitors sign your visiting book including time on and out re any safeguarding issues. Incidents requiring physical intervention also require a form which Parents need to sign.
Are these the kind of things you are thinking about ?
Xx

AliceK
14-04-2014, 04:44 PM
I have a "conversation with parents" short form which I fill in when a parent has told me something or just anything I think I should make a note of. I sign and date it but don't ask the parents to, they don't even know I use them. I staple that to the relevant date in my childminding diary. I would do the same thing if it were a child telling me something or something which I think I should make a note of for future reference.
Does that help??

xxx