PDA

View Full Version : References

JKL
12-04-2014, 10:24 PM
Just wondering if anyone can advise what type of things my referees need to include in my references? They've said they're happy to write them so I can send them off with my application but I'm not entirely sure what they need to include??? Any help appreciated!!

Mrsh3103
13-04-2014, 06:33 AM
I don't know if it's changed but when I applied I told ofsted the people who would give me references and they contacted them directly. I think they sent a letter or a form giving questions. Hth

Vikki5531
13-04-2014, 07:27 AM
Just wondering if anyone can advise what type of things my referees need to include in my references? They've said they're happy to write them so I can send them off with my application but I'm not entirely sure what they need to include??? Any help appreciated!!

Hi,

I sent my friends references with my application hoping it might make the process quicker, however, within a week of me applying to Ofsted, they have still written to both of my friends requesting their references! I don't know if it was a glitch in their system, but it seemed pointless me asking my friends for references and they've got to do them again.

If you want to attach your references with your application you can find the criteria required on the EYC form, page 17, section H.

Hope this helps xx

JKL
13-04-2014, 07:24 PM
Okie dokie, I might work on the basis of getting the criteria and asking them to write them. Once they're written I'll send them with my application and give them the originals back in case Ofsted want them?!? Why is nothing ever simple?!? Grrrrr!!!

PeekABoos
14-04-2014, 12:01 PM
I think Ofsted write to them for a reference in case you have forged the one you have sent. As how easy would it be to write a fake one and sign it with someone else's name? They need to make sure its a reference from a person other than yourself same in any job :) Xx