PDA

View Full Version : Nursery odd hours

Bushpig
24-07-2008, 11:53 AM
Hi all,

One of my minded kids is going to nursery for 2 hours in September. This is for a term, then it swaps to another two hour slot. I am not sure yet what the time change thereafter will be.

I will drop him off, and they will arrange other transport back to me after nursery school, as it's in the middle of my sleeping time for my other minded children, so I cannot fetch him.

BUT, they are having trouble finding that lift back to me as they both work full-time, nanas are far away etc.

I LOVE this family, we are close and I want to bend over backwards for them.. but I have to think of the others in my care too. They need their sleep as they are all very young still.

Firstly, what would you do to help? How do you get around school run clashes?

Secondly, what would you charge? Should I ask her to pay half fees for the time he is not actually with me?

miffy
24-07-2008, 12:01 PM
Does the mindee have to go to nursery at that time - is there any possibility of moving to another slot where your other mindees sleep times are not affected?

I would still charge in full when he is at nursery - that is his parents choice to send him there - you won't be able to fill his space for that short time.

Miffy xx

Rainy
24-07-2008, 12:28 PM
Don't really know what to suggest about the picking up but just wanted to say you should charge full fee's for the 2 hours he is at nursery. You won't be able to fill that place with anyone else and you will be on call for the child if nursey is closed or there is an emergency.