PDA

View Full Version : PLASTIC BAGS

angeldelight
10-04-2014, 08:49 AM
Supermarket ones

Do you have to pay for them where you live ?

Do you always take your own to the supermarket ?

Do you recycle for other things around the house / work?

Angel xxx

shortstuff
10-04-2014, 08:56 AM
I try to remember to take my big tough bags with me but if I forget I reuse the ones from the shop to send things home in etc x

tess1981
10-04-2014, 09:02 AM
I have to pay so when doing a big shop I try to remember to take them with me

karen2010
10-04-2014, 09:04 AM
I always forget to take my own bag and end up with loads in a cupboard coz I can't seem to throw them away! Take them to my local green grocer every so often as he uses them - normally around the time when I am struggling to contain them in the cupboard !

AliceK
10-04-2014, 10:20 AM
The only places you have to pay here are Lidl and Marks & Spencers. When I do my big weekly shop I always take my own bags, the bag for life ones, but if I nip out in the week I never remember them. The major supermarkets don't charge for them. I need some anyway as I use them as bin bags in my kitchen bin :thumbsup:

xxxx

Mouse
10-04-2014, 10:33 AM
I use fabric bags and rarely need supermarket bags. I leave a load of my bags in the car, so I always have some with me when I go for a big shop. I also have a couple of fold up bags in my handbag.

I like not having a load of carrier bags shoved in the cupboard, but I do miss them sometimes as you can't use fabric bags for putting mindee's dirty clothes in, or sending their artwork home in :laughing:

Rick
10-04-2014, 10:50 AM
Marks and Spencer charge you. It's such a pain and I reckon they are only doing it to make money rather than the environmental reason.

FussyElmo
10-04-2014, 11:00 AM
Some charge some don't.

I have a mixture the tougher ones and supermarket free ones. im always needing free ones for something dirty football boots etc :thumbsup:

Koala
10-04-2014, 11:10 AM
I wish everyone would charge for carrier bags - I shop at Aldi and they charge so I take box's and bags in my car - they are always in my car but when I go to other shops that don't charge I will use their bags - I don't know why, i DON'T NEED TO, i JUST DO AND RE USE THEM AS BIN BAGS - it's such a waste I admit I wouldn't use them if I had to pay for them. SO i think for the idiots like me who need a little help who can't resist something for nothing even a crappy plastic bag :D please charge ME!!!

tulip0803
10-04-2014, 12:09 PM
I live in Wales and they have been charging for carrier bags for a few years now. I normally remember to take them with me :littleangel: sometimes I forget and will load the car up with loose shopping rather than buy more bags - I have loads!

There are some exceptions to the charge - loose take-away food (mcdonalds chips type thing) but not burgers in boxes. Loose fruit and veg but if you buy a punnet of strawberries with a lid they are supposed to charge even if you have loose f&v, prescription medicines but if you buy something else in chemist to go in bag hen they are supposed to charge:rolleyes: to name a few sure there are more odd things. Here the larger shops either donate to a named charity or an environmental one through WAG, small places donate to local charities normally

funemnx
10-04-2014, 06:44 PM
Our village is bag free - they don't have bags you can buy at all!

If I go to the big Tesco and forget my own bags I use theirs, I recycle them as bin liners in my small bathroom bin :thumbsup:

FloraDora
10-04-2014, 08:07 PM
I have always used my own 'shopping bag'........since the 70's.
I have gone through the 80's and 90's throw away society and been 'the old lady ' with the shopping bags.
Now everyone tries not to use plastic bags and I secretly want to shout 'I have never used plastic bags and I used to be ridiculed and now everyone finally agrees with me '.
But I don't - I always remember my bags though.

( I also love my trendy, imported from Italy by my son's girlfriend, shopping trolley - everyone thinks it's too old ladyish - all the trend in Rome I am told, in 20 years time it will be the norm I am sure!!! But I don't care, far easier than carrying bags to local shops.)

loocyloo
10-04-2014, 09:23 PM
I've pretty much always used my own non plastic bags too, but I do find them useful for muddy football boots ( that never get put in the waterproof mud bag! )
and for sending dirty clothes and the like home with parents.