PDA

View Full Version : questions to ask?

samgeordie
24-07-2008, 11:03 AM
Well the parent who enquired by e-mail this morning has arranged to visit me on Sat morning with her toddler and her husband:clapping: .

I will have my folder for them to look at, all the important docs, plenty of toys for the wee one etc but I was wondering what kind of questions I should be asking them?

The little girl is 15mths old.

Any help appreicated.

Thanks

sue m
24-07-2008, 11:16 AM
You need to ask a few and you probably won't remember them all at once if you're anything like me. You need to know what they eat and drink, when they sleep, do they have a favourite toy they can bring, I'm sure you will think of things when you are chatting and I usualy know whether I like them or not (parents!!) pretty quick so if I do it's easy and friendly and if I don't, I don't worry too much. Can I say that? :panic: If they choose you - and you choose them of course, you can email or ring them to ask these things and we do have forms we can give them to fill in, I made one asking all the questions I could think of which they took away and filed in and brought back a day or two later. Hope this helps, sure others will answer you better!!!

Sarpix
27-07-2008, 06:56 PM
I havn't quite registered yet, but I have made a care plan for the children I will be looking after for the parents to fill in....

Name:

D.O.B:

Do you have a comforter? Yes No

If yes what type of comforter?

Will you need a sleep whilst in my care? Yes No

If yes when?

Any special sleep requirements?

Any nappy requirements ie more regularly nappy changes or cream applied?

Do you have any allergies? Yes No

If yes, what are they and what type of reaction do you have?

Do you have an special dietary requirements ie vegetarian? Yes No

If yes please state what.

Please circle the meals that you would like me to provide for you...

Breakfast Lunch Dinner

What drink will you have Weak squash Water

Will you be needing bottle feeds whilst in my care? Yes/no

If yes, when?

What milk do you have?

What are your likes?

What are your dislikes?

Any other comments?

Parents signature......................................... ..................................................

Date.............................................. .....