PDA

View Full Version : Activities for age 1-10

Bakez66
08-04-2014, 02:37 PM
Hi, can anyone recommend any activities which will keep all children of various ages engaged ? I've done lots of activities with the children but I'm running out of ideas! I find that most of the Time the younger ones want to do the activities but the older ones just want to go and play the wii and other computer games, any advice would be much appreciated xx

Mrsh3103
08-04-2014, 05:44 PM
We did paint bombing today. I filled water balloons with paint, water and washing up liquid. Laid a massive tarpaulin on the grass, paper over the top then we threw the balloons at it! After all balloons had been thrown the kids sellotaped leaves to the end of sticks to make paint brushes (their idea) and made patterns with the paint.
We spent about 2 hours doing this!!

Duplo is another that keeps them all happy.

funemnx
08-04-2014, 05:53 PM
We spend a lot of time in the local woods - all of the children like to spend time there - the bigger ones build dens and imaginative play and the baby loves to explore... :)

watford wizz
08-04-2014, 06:49 PM
At the beginning of any
school hols we all sit together and talk about the activities the children want to do we also talk about who could help prep the activities and I give the older ones some responsibility and a named job, I find this really helps engage the older ones and they often have lots of fun ideas they just sometimes need help in making them age appropriate for every one. One of the little ones wanted "cloud catching" so the older ones set to and made a board game then we all played.