PDA

View Full Version : no reciepts

chels55
24-07-2008, 07:47 AM
Will i still be able to claim on tax without reciepts? i took children to the zoo yesterday by train ( only two train tickets survived) paid for admission, paid for a few rides on fair each, food, icecream, drinks and photos i asked for reciept but they said they didnt do them. I paid everything in cash so can't prove it on bank statement.
I hope i can still claim as day out cost about £100

FizzysFriends
24-07-2008, 07:51 AM
How about putting it all down seperate and then does most of it come to less than £10?

manjay
24-07-2008, 08:16 AM
I certainly would. Keep a copy of admission prices or print it off the Zoos website. Your diary/journal should prove which children you had. You do have some train tickets so you wouldn't have left the others at a home. You mentioned photos so that is even more proof that you went. I think in the unikely event that the taxman investigated you could put a good case forward.

cloud9
25-07-2008, 02:08 PM
I was told by the accountant that even without a receipt you could put things in but state the receipt is lost.

LisaH
25-07-2008, 09:10 PM
I often have this problem because I either take the kids places that won't/don't issue receipts or I simply lose them!!! Lol

I just make sure I write 'no receipt' in my accounts book and hope the tax man doesnt come after me!!:blush:

chels55
26-07-2008, 07:08 AM
Thanks everyone, im so glad i don't have to lose out

Minstrel
26-07-2008, 09:01 AM
Thats good to know- another piece of invaluble info from this forum !!!!!

jaz
26-07-2008, 12:57 PM
I wish I had realised that, I have been very slack with my receipts and as a consequence, I will have to pay some tax this year which does hurt somewhat.

J
x