PDA

View Full Version : Anyone applied since feb or about to apply to Ofsted to register as a childminder?

Jayne Walters
04-04-2014, 10:37 PM
Hi, I've finished cypop 5, got mine and my husbands DBS checks back, getting my medical form back next week, done my first aid so I'm all ready to apply to Ofsted.

The guidance says I should be registered in 3 months but I've been reading some posts on here that worry me about the time it has taken. Hopefully that was before they started asking for everything to be completed before you apply.

Is there any one who has applied since the rules changed in feb who could set my mind at ease about how it is going?

And is there anyone who's just about to apply so we can share experiences?

I just want to get on with it now!

Cheers x

Vikki5531
05-04-2014, 08:59 AM
Hi, I've finished cypop 5, got mine and my husbands DBS checks back, getting my medical form back next week, done my first aid so I'm all ready to apply to Ofsted. The guidance says I should be registered in 3 months but I've been reading some posts on here that worry me about the time it has taken. Hopefully that was before they started asking for everything to be completed before you apply. Is there any one who has applied since the rules changed in feb who could set my mind at ease about how it is going? And is there anyone who's just about to apply so we can share experiences? I just want to get on with it now! Cheers x

Hi Jayne,

I'm the same as you. I was waiting a bit longer for my Partners DBS but we received the certificate yesterday.

I went online to apply to Ofsted and was going round in circles with the Ey2 form - I felt like I was hitting my head against a brick wall!

I posted for help on here yesterday and I got some advice, so I'm going to try again today, I'll let you know how it goes!

Keep me posted on how you find it xx

zanacal
08-04-2014, 09:40 AM
I applied 2 weeks ago. I sent references with my application so the only one they had to chase themselves was from my previous employer and I forwarded the medical form when they sent the pre paid envelope just over a week after I applied. I got the invoice a few days later and paid online. They called 10 days after I applied to say all the checks were back and I just needed to pay (wasn't showing on the system at that point) and somebody would call to arrange for my inspection!

Vikki5531
08-04-2014, 09:43 AM
I applied 2 weeks ago. I sent references with my application so the only one they had to chase themselves was from my previous employer and I forwarded the medical form when they sent the pre paid envelope just over a week after I applied. I got the invoice a few days later and paid online. They called 10 days after I applied to say all the checks were back and I just needed to pay (wasn't showing on the system at that point) and somebody would call to arrange for my inspection!

I did the same, I sent my references with my application on Saturday and I posted my Health Declaration on Monday to their address in Manchester.

10 days seems quite good, I hope mine's the same.

Do you know how long you should be waiting to get the call to arrange the inspection? X

Georgiepoo
08-04-2014, 09:46 AM
Hi ya.
I have just applied for my DBS-what a nightmare the Ofsted and DBS forms are!

I haven't got mine back yet and am I right in saying you can't apply for Ofsted until you have it back? Do I need to do anything once I have submitted it or just wait for them to contact me?

Where did you have your medical done?

Vikki5531
08-04-2014, 09:54 AM
Hi ya. I have just applied for my DBS-what a nightmare the Ofsted and DBS forms are! I haven't got mine back yet and am I right in saying you can't apply for Ofsted until you have it back? Do I need to do anything once I have submitted it or just wait for them to contact me? Where did you have your medical done?

Hi,

Yes you're right, you can't apply to Ofsted until you have received your DBS certificate back, as there is a question on the application form asking for the reference on your DBS certificate.

My DBS took around 3 weeks, but my Partners took slightly longer.

Whilst I was waiting, I got 2 of my friends to write my references so they were done, and when I applied to Ofsted, I scanned and attached them on my application.

I took my Health Declaration booklet to my Dr's and he charged me £25 xx

Georgiepoo
08-04-2014, 10:00 AM
Thanks. I was under the impression it all had to be done online but you post it to them with everything in one envelope?
Did you used the reference forms in the ofsted application? And the medical form from the ofsted website?

Vikki5531
08-04-2014, 10:02 AM
Thanks. I was under the impression it all had to be done online but you post it to them with everything in one envelope? Did you used the reference forms in the ofsted application? And the medical form from the ofsted website?

Sorry, everything is done online, apart from the Health Declaration x

Vikki5531
08-04-2014, 10:05 AM
Thanks. I was under the impression it all had to be done online but you post it to them with everything in one envelope? Did you used the reference forms in the ofsted application? And the medical form from the ofsted website?

The Health Booklet is the one off the Ofsted website, print it out, fill in your sections and hand it in to your Dr's to complete it. Don't send your Health booklet to Ofsted until you have applied (I think other members have mentioned that Ofsted will send you a pre-paid envelope to return it in) x

zanacal
08-04-2014, 10:22 AM
I did the same, I sent my references with my application on Saturday and I posted my Health Declaration on Monday to their address in Manchester.

10 days seems quite good, I hope mine's the same.

Do you know how long you should be waiting to get the call to arrange the inspection? X

They said it would be in the next couple of weeks so I'll chase them if I haven't heard by Easter. Of course I'm merrily panicking about what I still have to do now!!

Vikki5531
08-04-2014, 10:26 AM
They said it would be in the next couple of weeks so I'll chase them if I haven't heard by Easter. Of course I'm merrily panicking about what I still have to do now!!

I'll be the same, as soon as I get the call I'll be panicking!

When my Development Officer came round last week, I was cleaning and scrubbing my house all weekend, God knows what I'll be like when it's Ofsted! X

Jayne Walters
08-04-2014, 09:20 PM
I knew nothing about the references until I filled in the form today. Do you think I should get the two people to write references ready? What do they need to say? Is there any guidance anywhere?

x

Vikki5531
09-04-2014, 11:53 AM
I knew nothing about the references until I filled in the form today. Do you think I should get the two people to write references ready? What do they need to say? Is there any guidance anywhere? x

I got both of my friends to do mine as I'm hoping it might speed up the process.

There is guidance, it's section H of the EYC application (page 17). It just gives a list of what is required.

If you can't find it, let me know and I'll write the list out for you xx

zanacal
09-04-2014, 08:40 PM
You don't have to do it, I believe Ofsted will send a form to your referees if you don't, but like Vikki I hoped it would make things quicker if I already had them!

danemi1
09-04-2014, 09:22 PM
I'm going through process at mo, applied for dbs yesterday, booked first aid course

danemi1
09-04-2014, 09:23 PM
Sorry...and to continue....am 75% of way through cypop5 course, have been to drs and got health declaration filled in.....seems like it's taking forever!

zanacal
10-04-2014, 03:17 PM
I had a call today and my pre reg visit is booked for the week after Easter. Eek!

Vikki5531
10-04-2014, 04:01 PM
I had a call today and my pre reg visit is booked for the week after Easter. Eek!

Yay that's good news! At least you've got a couple of weeks to prepare yourself!

Good luck and let us know how it goes xx

PeekABoos
10-04-2014, 05:22 PM
Lovely to read this and see it's not so slow as what has been previously posted. I am hoping to be up and running by September and away from my current job which is working nights and I am zonked!

My health declaration is costing £88!!! Rip off lol. I am 75% through CYPOP5 and applying for first aid once pay day is here. I am so excited yet so nervous too hehe!! x

appletart88
10-04-2014, 05:32 PM
I agree this is so positive :-) I too am looking at being registered and all ready to go by September, I've done my LA training, first aid and just applied for my DBS so fingers crossed I'll be on track, good luck to you all :-)

LizP
10-04-2014, 05:46 PM
This sounds good to me! I have everything in place but still waiting for husbands DBS. We applied beginning of feb! I want to be up and running for Mid August and worried I'll be tight for time!

Am I unrealistic?

NinkyNonk
12-04-2014, 04:04 PM
I have got everything done (first aid, training, healthcare booklet, DBS's, EYC, EY2 etc) and am just waiting for the visit. I had a letter from them on 13th March saying an inspector would contact me to arrange the visit - normally within 9 weeks! Haven't heard anything yet. Really annoying as I've done everything as quickly as I possibly could so am just hanging around now. I started the whole process first week in January.

Vikki5531
12-04-2014, 04:26 PM
I have got everything done (first aid, training, healthcare booklet, DBS's, EYC, EY2 etc) and am just waiting for the visit. I had a letter from them on 13th March saying an inspector would contact me to arrange the visit - normally within 9 weeks! Haven't heard anything yet. Really annoying as I've done everything as quickly as I possibly could so am just hanging around now. I started the whole process first week in January.

9 weeks, that is a long time frame!

I sent my EYC and EY2 form off last Sat and attached 2 references hoping it would speed it up abit, however my Friend called me earlier to let me know she had received a letter from Ofsted requesting a reference!!!

It's like you say, you have done everything possible to get prepared and now you're sat around waiting, it's such a long process!

Good luck and hopefully you'll get the call soon xx

NinkyNonk
13-04-2014, 07:38 AM
9 weeks, that is a long time frame!

I sent my EYC and EY2 form off last Sat and attached 2 references hoping it would speed it up abit, however my Friend called me earlier to let me know she had received a letter from Ofsted requesting a reference!!!

It's like you say, you have done everything possible to get prepared and now you're sat around waiting, it's such a long process!

Good luck and hopefully you'll get the call soon xx

Thanks, you too! I'm not holding out much hope though, some people from my pathways course have been in my position for over 12 weeks and still waiting. Keep being told that they're waiting for the social services checks to be done...

Vikki5531
13-04-2014, 07:47 AM
Thanks, you too! I'm not holding out much hope though, some people from my pathways course have been in my position for over 12 weeks and still waiting. Keep being told that they're waiting for the social services checks to be done...

Is the Social Services checks part of the DBS check, or separate that Ofsted check? xx

NinkyNonk
13-04-2014, 05:09 PM
Is the Social Services checks part of the DBS check, or separate that Ofsted check? xx

I'm assuming it's something that Ofsted does before coming out....they've all said they have their DBS checks etc back already. xx

danemi1
13-04-2014, 11:36 PM
What's the eyc and eyc2 form,,,where do I get that?

Vikki5531
14-04-2014, 07:22 AM
What's the eyc and eyc2 form,,,where do I get that?

They're your application forms for Ofsted that you complete online once you have your DBS certificate.

The EYC form is what you fill out, and anyone living in your household over the age of 16 has to complete the EY2 form xx

NinkyNonk
15-04-2014, 01:04 PM
I've chased Ofsted and heard back today that they are waiting for the social services check to come back, so it must be something they do. As I've never dealt with them you'd think it'd be quick!

wee_elf
15-04-2014, 09:05 PM
I applied in February and had acknowledgment of them receiving the application, had myself and husbands dbs back, BUT my GP is taking forever to sort out the health decleration - sooooo frustrating :mad:

LittleRabbits
18-04-2014, 12:56 PM
Hey guys, me and my friend submitted our online Ofsted form on 28th March 2013 and awaiting to hear back from them. I knew it would take up to 12 weeks for them to come visit. We had email back to add the disclosure numbers from our EY2 forms as there wasn't space when we first did the forms. We have added those but still waiting.... not had any envelopes to send off our health declarations yet. It's all very exciting awaiting for them!! Cannot wait to be up and registered!! I'm really hoping them come soon

flipflop20
18-04-2014, 08:32 PM
I've just sent my application off :)

Got to get health deceleration to gp next wk so that's done. I'm hoping to be registered August/September so am really hoping it all goes through pretty quickly.

I want to start advertising but don't want to risk not being ready. Has anyone else got parents ready/ advertising.

NinkyNonk
19-04-2014, 04:54 PM
I daren't get any children lined up as I've no idea when I'll be able to start. It's annoying as I've missed out on a couple of great opportunities recently, but until I've had Ofsted come out I don't think I'll advertise.

LizP
21-04-2014, 03:04 PM
Can you child mind without receiving certificate but had a visit? Xx

Vikki5531
22-04-2014, 01:09 PM
Can you child mind without receiving certificate but had a visit? Xx

I'm currently waiting for my Ofsted visit but I'm certain that you can't start childminding until you have received your certificate xx

LizP
01-05-2014, 12:44 PM
Thank you x