PDA

View Full Version : OFSTED annual report ...already proving controversial

Simona
03-04-2014, 07:37 AM
Wilshaw will deliver his annual report later this morning...he is already causing controversy and anger as he points the finger at nurseries and CMs by not delivering good education...

This is the first of the articles and I am sure there will be more...the speech will be live later on

BBC News - Nurseries not preparing children for school - Ofsted (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-26853447)

Mouse
03-04-2014, 08:43 AM
I'm surprised how someone in such a high position can generalise so much.

I live in what is classed as a highly disadvantaged area. Three of the 4 school nurseries have been put into special measures, along with their schools. The majority of childminders in the area are graded good and above. The reception teachers say they can generally tell which children have been to a childminder as they enter school more confident, more able to care for themselves, more sociable, more likely to be able to write and recognise their own name & numbers.
But Wilshaw is saying that a school nursery is the best place for a 2 year old from a disadvantaged area?

Also, statistics show that a huge number of children enter our local schools without the basic skills expected of them. The majority of children enter reception having spent a year at the school nursery first. Only a small number go into reception straight from a childminder, playgroup or private nursery. So, who is responsible for the low standards of their education? The very school nurseries Wilshaw is saying they should all be attending from the age of 2 :panic:

Simona
03-04-2014, 09:05 AM
I'm surprised how someone in such a high position can generalise so much.

I live in what is classed as a highly disadvantaged area. Three of the 4 school nurseries have been put into special measures, along with their schools. The majority of childminders in the area are graded good and above. The reception teachers say they can generally tell which children have been to a childminder as they enter school more confident, more able to care for themselves, more sociable, more likely to be able to write and recognise their own name & numbers.
But Wilshaw is saying that a school nursery is the best place for a 2 year old from a disadvantaged area?

Also, statistics show that a huge number of children enter our local schools without the basic skills expected of them. The majority of children enter reception having spent a year at the school nursery first. Only a small number go into reception straight from a childminder, playgroup or private nursery. So, who is responsible for the low standards of their education? The very school nurseries Wilshaw is saying they should all be attending from the age of 2 :panic:

He is not just generalising but being offensive and insulting
He should have a word with those at the DfE who have caused this mess and followed his reforms because he is the driving force behind all this and he should put his own house in order first

His speech is starting now...so off I go to get more frustrated and angry
I have an unexpected day off...what a lovely way to spend it!

Simona
03-04-2014, 09:08 AM
Here is Ofsted report in full

Ofsted | Ofsted Early Years Annual Report 2012/13 (http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/earlyyearsannualreport1213)