PDA

View Full Version : Safeguarding and Welfare requirements - please help!

jennyandchris
31-03-2014, 10:28 AM
Hi,
when I went on a SEF training course set up by my LA, I have jotted down that I must have the safeguarding and welfare requirements. I have no idea what these are! Can someone point me in the right direction of what I need to do please.
Thanks
Jenny.

hectors house
31-03-2014, 11:56 AM
You need to do a Safeguarding / child protection course every 3 years and have a policy on what you would do if you suspect a child is being abused or if an allegation of abuse is made against you or member of your family. Is this what they meant do you think?

jennyandchris
31-03-2014, 12:03 PM
thanks for your reply.
No I do not think that is what it is as this was discussed separately at the meeting and also I just did a bit of a Google search and there is such a thing as these 'requirements' but I didn't understand it, so I was hoping someone here may have heard of them.
Thanks

gef918
31-03-2014, 12:16 PM
I was told to download the document "Working together to Safeguard Children" and make sure that I knew it before my Ofsted inspection. Perhaps that is what they meant?

hectors house
31-03-2014, 12:35 PM
Do a search for your local safeguarding board and make sure you mention them with contact details in your policies - I have downloaded the documents from mine as would be too much to print.

rickysmiths
31-03-2014, 12:53 PM
Do you mean the Safeguarding and Welfare Requirements for EYFS?

Here is a link to a PDF of the Document.

http://planipolis.iiep.unesco.org/upload/UK/UK_EYFS_Statutory_Framework.pdf

You can order a copy of it along with Development Matters and the other Document Ofsted published to do with Development matters quite cheaply from Pacey just go to their web shop.

Smiley
31-03-2014, 06:35 PM
I was thinking the same as Rickysmiths, sounds like the Statutory framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage