PDA

View Full Version : risk assessments

Emmalou77
29-03-2014, 07:16 PM
Can someone tell me how long we have to keep risk assessments for please? Thanks in advance x

bunyip
30-03-2014, 09:28 AM
Do you mean archived RA's - ie. copies of old ones which have been subsequently withdrawn/amended/superceded in some way?

If so, there appears to be no legal/regulatory requirement.

It is possible a need to refer to them could arise from an insurance claim 20+ years later, when a child is entitled to pursue a claim for damages. So you might want to keep them that long to be on the safe side, or ask your insurer what they advise.

At such time as I retire/give up CMing, I intend to keep at least the final set of RA's. That at least would prove that I exercised due diligence whilst trading. :thumbsup:

Emmalou77
30-03-2014, 09:35 AM
Thank you bunyip :-) x

sarah707
30-03-2014, 09:51 AM
I keep them between inspections then archive them to the recycling. Like Bunyip I intend keeping the last set when I retire :D

Simona
30-03-2014, 04:01 PM
Can someone tell me how long we have to keep risk assessments for please? Thanks in advance x

RA should be a 'live' documents you can revisit each time you need to update anything in it
Mine had been so since EYFS 2008
I add to it or adapt according to EYFS changes...I don't archive it or start a new one... that would take ages...anyone does the same?

Oh ....and I date it each time I make an amendment