PDA

View Full Version : How many 'after school clubs' do your little ones do?

Maza
26-03-2014, 11:51 AM
Just out of curiosity, how many after school/weekend clubs do your children do? I overheard one mum at the school gate saying that her DD never has an evening just at home as she always has a club. She is in Year 1. Great if it really is what the child wants, but my daughter would 'burn out' with that many activities! The kids are so lucky these days with the amount of stuff that's on offer. x

Shamai
26-03-2014, 12:06 PM
My DD5 does after school dance club followed by Rainbows on a Tuesday and then a Street Dance class on a Saturday. She loves going to them but I would never make her attend if she wasn't enjoying herself. x

Tealady
26-03-2014, 12:08 PM
DD is 8 and had Brownies on a Tue, Judo on a Wed (school club) and Swimming Lesson on a Saturday. Anymore and I don't think I could cope, let alone her.

kellib
26-03-2014, 12:27 PM
My boy is 8 and does diving on a Monday, cubs on a Tuesday, trampolining on a Thursday and swimming on a Friday.

He loves them all and needs to be active or he gets grumpy lol.

He wants to be an Olympic swimmer so he says if he gives up anything it will be cubs.

Ripeberry
26-03-2014, 02:02 PM
My youngest goes to Badgers on a Monday and Gym club on a Wednesday. Eldest does not enjoy clubs. Well, we've not found one she likes yet. They are after the mindees have gone home. Would not work if I had to drag them along as well.

shortstuff
26-03-2014, 02:33 PM
DS is worried I will have too much fun with the mindees if he goes to clubs no matter how much I tell him hes my boy. So he only goes to martial arts on a saturday.

loocyloo
26-03-2014, 04:08 PM
My children do alot.
It is all their own choice and although it can be a logistical nightmare as we're quite rural and I'm working afterschool! Luckily they have friends who do the same clubs and so we often have multi way swaps going on!

Monday ... dd has dancing and piano ds has piano
Tuesday ... dd has choir afterschool club
Wednesday ... ds has drama and swimming dd has swimming plus an afterschool club.
Thursday ... dd has dancing ds has football
Friday ... dd has singing and drama ds has basketball.
Saturday ... sometimes ds has football
Sunday ... ds has brass band and often a football match dd has brass band and then whoever is around goes to church.
ds also does several sports clubs at school plus brass lessons and band!!! dd also does recorders and brass lessons at school!!!
Dd also wants to start another dance class!

It is alot but I look at it that when they are older they have hobbies that they can do and will help keep them out of mischief when teenagers!