PDA

View Full Version : when your son is 16

amelia lilly
25-03-2014, 05:32 PM
My son turns 16 tomorrow do u need to sort the dbs asap or have u got a time limit, also you know you've got to pay your registration yearly do they send you the letter when you've got to pay it thanks

Taylored
25-03-2014, 05:49 PM
From what I believe, if you have yet to register with Ofsted, you cannot do this until you have your son's DBS in hand. I may be wrong, but i thought that applied to every adult in the house over 16 and ofsted will not consider you until you have dbs and EY2 forms for all "adults" in the house.

If you are already registered, I think you have to inform Ofsted and then do DBS asap.

Hope that helps

sing-low
25-03-2014, 06:32 PM
And to answer the second bit, you should get a renewal letter from Ofsted but I have heard that sometimes they don't send it/it gets lost in the post and then Ofsted come down on you like a ton of bricks for not being registered. I would put it in your diary to remind yourself when it's due.

amelia lilly
26-03-2014, 08:55 AM
And to answer the second bit, you should get a renewal letter from Ofsted but I have heard that sometimes they don't send it/it gets lost in the post and then Ofsted come down on you like a ton of bricks for not being registered. I would put it in your diary to remind yourself when it's due.

Am registered so will sort the dbs as soon as i can, I paid ofsted last march but did'nt get certificate until the august so will it be from the august?