PDA

View Full Version : Reception Age Children and the EYFS

Wiggle Wiggle
23-03-2014, 06:11 PM
I have a child in Reception Class for all of three afternoons per week - maximum approximately 6 hours per week.

Therefore, I do understand that you do not need to attend to all of the requirements of the EYFS in terms of learning and development for these children.

However, do you still need to complete a tracker of progress?

I do individual planning and observations etc. - however, do you need to do an assessment overall of their attainment every couple of months as well?

Getting myself in a knot today.:blush:

sarah707
23-03-2014, 08:29 PM
The requirement is to speak to parents and teacher and find out what they want us to do with the child - write it down and do it!

My parents normally say read books, do homework and let them chill / play ... teachers give me tips on reading with children :D

Wiggle Wiggle
23-03-2014, 10:20 PM
Many thanks, Sarah - thats a good idea!! Helps lots.:)

kaz26
27-03-2014, 11:34 AM
Thanku Iv been wondering this aswel x

Simona
06-04-2014, 10:36 AM
The requirement is to speak to parents and teacher and find out what they want us to do with the child - write it down and do it!

My parents normally say read books, do homework and let them chill / play ... teachers give me tips on reading with children :D

What you say confirms the EYFS 2014 on page 24 (3.40) where it says practitioners 'should' discuss with parents or carers and other providers as 'appropriate' including staff/teachers the support they intend to offer for after school care

I will be waiting with baited breath to see how many schools will now start to communicate with cms the support it would be good to give children after school!
Some schools are actually good at interacting but others have had no intention of doing so in the past...interesting to see how this will change