PDA

View Full Version : Bibs!?!

Wiggle Wiggle
22-03-2014, 08:21 AM
Just a query - what bibs do you use?

I currently like the coverall bibs with towelling material and PVC backing - however, these can be quite expensive to purchase and hence was wondering what do others use?

Do you have any good suppliers out there that supply same or better as nearly all my early years are under two and I tend to go through lots during the week so expensive to ensure a good enough supply!:blush:

Many thanks in advance!:)

alex__17
22-03-2014, 08:57 AM
I would be interested, I have a few towelling ones from sainsburys, but never have enough to hand! I'm about to get more for my busy days but would be interested for recommendations.
I've used sainsburys tu ones with sleeves before, they're cheap and it feels like they should be terrible but are actually very good in my experience, towelling backed with waterproof and towelling wipes clean if they've not had something like a whole yoghurt slopped down the front!

MessybutHappy
22-03-2014, 09:19 AM
I use old long sleeved tshirts from charity shops, simply cut up the back and put them on just as you would a painting smock, not waterproof, but keeps 'em clean and cheap as chips, some funky ones too! I hold them together with a clothes peg at the back :)

Glitter
22-03-2014, 10:08 AM
I just use normal plastic backed bibs from Asda (without sleeves) for eating, and old t-shirts for messy activities.

I found some children don't like putting on the bibs with sleeves. The bibs were only £3 for a pack of 10, they have lasted really well and dry very quickly.

SYLVIA
22-03-2014, 10:14 AM
I have some older plastic pelican bibs. They are soft and can be rolled up for storage and my daughters old school shirts for messy play

samb
22-03-2014, 10:14 AM
I buy the long sleeved towelling plastic backed bibs from pound land when they have them in- I have 4 white and 2 pink from there plus 4 left over from when my children were younger and another 2 I bought before realising pound land had them. I use 3-6 a day and they go in whatever wash I'm doing. I never run out.

smurfette
22-03-2014, 10:21 AM
Ikea all the way! Double pack about four pounds I guess (I am in Ireland) I wash them several times a week.. Have also thought they are one red and one blue jn the pack so might use one colour for painting and crafts and one for food. They are quite big and long enough sleeves which I find pound shop ones aren't always, and they come
Out perfect after the wash

Tinkerbell1979
22-03-2014, 10:25 AM
Ikea all the way! Double pack about four pounds I guess (I am in Ireland) I wash them several times a week.. Have also thought they are one red and one blue jn the pack so might use one colour for painting and crafts and one for food. They are quite big and long enough sleeves which I find pound shop ones aren't always, and they come Out perfect after the wash

I've got these and do the same, children know blue for food, red for messy paint etch

lisbet
22-03-2014, 10:50 AM
Ingenious idea, MessybutHappy! :thumbsup:

I've been using those Ikea sleeved bibs for my under-twos - they go in whatever wash I'm doing at the end of the day and occasionally get ironed to 're-waterproof' them - which is useful as I have a few LOs who like to pour water over themselves the second my back is turned! :rolleyes: Never thought of colour coding them for different uses before though. :)

FloraDora
22-03-2014, 11:32 AM
MAM Bibetta Ultra Bib Bubbles (Pink): Mam UK: Amazon.co.uk: Baby (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B008PBWU7M/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

I use Neoprene bibs- wipe clean, dry quickly, can be washed in the machine too, very soft and comfortable.
Absorbs drink drips without going through so comfortable for LO throughout meal and best of all you can turn up the bottom to catch those pesky cornflakes that don't quit reach the mouth. Long Velcro fastener which means you can fit to child and grows with child.

Would really recommend them.

smurfette
22-03-2014, 12:55 PM
MAM Bibetta Ultra Bib Bubbles (Pink): Mam UK: Amazon.co.uk: Baby (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B008PBWU7M/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) I use Neoprene bibs- wipe clean, dry quickly, can be washed in the machine too, very soft and comfortable. Absorbs drink drips without going through so comfortable for LO throughout meal and best of all you can turn up the bottom to catch those pesky cornflakes that don't quit reach the mouth. Long Velcro fastener which means you can fit to child and grows with child. Would really recommend them.

Have one of these too they are good !

shortstuff
22-03-2014, 02:09 PM
MAM Bibetta Ultra Bib Bubbles (Pink): Mam UK: Amazon.co.uk: Baby (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B008PBWU7M/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

I use Neoprene bibs- wipe clean, dry quickly, can be washed in the machine too, very soft and comfortable.
Absorbs drink drips without going through so comfortable for LO throughout meal and best of all you can turn up the bottom to catch those pesky cornflakes that don't quit reach the mouth. Long Velcro fastener which means you can fit to child and grows with child.

Would really recommend them.

Me 3 but I bought mine 2nd hand from a friend. I spotted they are sold in kiddicare too.

Daisy1956
22-03-2014, 03:09 PM
I buy mine at sainsburys, I watch for the reduced ones I'm not fussy about colours and when they have 25% of weeks I buy more if I need to, They wash and wear well.

Rubybubbles
23-03-2014, 07:32 PM
I use the Roll n Go Bib | tommee tippee (http://www.tommeetippee.co.uk/product/roll-n-go-bib/)

wash well, have different colour for each child, and they get washed after ever meal! I don't no why I have only been using these since 2012!! They are tabby

munch149
23-03-2014, 08:25 PM
Use plastic ones but softer versions. Hate all the washing material bibs create as there often so dirty after a meal I can get through three a day per child. The plastic ones I clean with the washing up after breakfast and dinner and chuck them in the dishwasher after tea

bunyip
24-03-2014, 08:22 AM
I have the IKEA Kladd Prickar bibs: the ones with the long sleeves. They are big enough to use for 4-5 year olds doing painting and messy play too.

Sadly, IKEA seem to have stopped making them.:( There must still be a demand, as I've seen them sold on fleaBay for several times the original price.

Does anyone know of a similar type that are still on sale anywhere?

alwaysright
25-03-2014, 09:30 PM
i use whatever parents put in the bag as i dont provide them! i was fed up with the velcro getting stuff to all my washing and putting pulls in everything! if they dont have one in bag i use a piece of kitchen towel

smurfette
25-03-2014, 09:35 PM
[QUOTE="alwaysright;1352194"]i use whatever parents put in the bag as i dont provide them! i was fed up with the velcro getting stuff to all my washing and putting pulls in everything! if they dont have one in bag i use a piece of kitchen towel[/QUOTE
That is a pain alright!!

shortstuff
25-03-2014, 09:41 PM
this is why i like the neoprene ones as i put them in the washing up water after doing the dishes. they clean up really well that way too.

netty
25-03-2014, 11:50 PM
I have mum2mum long sleeve. I have had them about 8 years now and they wash lovely everytime

k1rstie
26-03-2014, 07:00 AM
I use koodi bibs. They are either from amazon, eBay or tesco. They are all red, and have sleeves. They can pack into their own pocket in the front like a Kagool.

I have a huge pile, and wash after each use.

The other poster was correct, the Velcro can be a killer in the wash, never wash anywhere near school thin tights or your delicate new top! Reuse able nappies are a killer too.