PDA

View Full Version : Policies- economic well being

MAWI
21-03-2014, 10:51 AM
I want to list my policies under the ECM 5 outcomes.

Which policies do you all put under the heading of 'Economic well- being'? ( If you do it this way)

My old polices are under the headings of: Staying safe, Being Healthy, Enjo &achieving, Organisation and Making a positive contribution. Ofsted were fine with it but I want to update to include economic well being.

Many thanks

sarah707
21-03-2014, 03:55 PM
I wouldn't recommend you do it this way. ECM outcomes are not really relevant today - the coalition govt removed the ECM website and all references to ECM from EYFS, Development Matters, the SEF etc.

I would use alphabetical order if I were you - that never goes out of fashion :laughing: :D

moggy
21-03-2014, 03:56 PM
I want to list my policies under the ECM 5 outcomes.

Which policies do you all put under the heading of 'Economic well- being'? ( If you do it this way)

My old polices are under the headings of: Staying safe, Being Healthy, Enjo &achieving, Organisation and Making a positive contribution. Ofsted were fine with it but I want to update to include economic well being.

Many thanks

ECM is now archived and was published 11 years ago- do you feel it is relevant to use it to arrange your policies now? Would parents understand it? I have heard of it being done in the past but to be honest ECM is not even mentioned in current EYFS or Dev Matters, as far as I can see.
I always struggled to understand the Economic Wellbeing one and have heard it explained in completely different ways on training sessions! Policies are there to help you and parents communicate- ask yourself how ECM would help your parents, and if it wouldn't then maybe it is not going to add much to your policy organisation.
I organise mine alphabetically in my portfolio.

MAWI
21-03-2014, 07:47 PM
I wouldn't recommend you do it this way. ECM outcomes are not really relevant today - the coalition govt removed the ECM website and all references to ECM from EYFS, Development Matters, the SEF etc.

I would use alphabetical order if I were you - that never goes out of fashion :laughing: :D

Thanks for that. Goes to show how out of touch I am since leaving and coming back to the profession. Last time all my policies were done under that way of ECM. I will update Alpahbetically.

Many thanks. I don't know what I would do without this forum.

Simona
23-03-2014, 11:51 AM
ECM has certainly been archived by this govt but as a Green Paper (2004) it is still law...I have not heard of it being repealed...has anyone?

That I am aware of policies can be listed anyway we want but they still relate to the Welfare Requirements...every cm does it differently as long as they can find them quickly and effectively to produce as evidence to the inspectors.

bunyip
23-03-2014, 01:25 PM
Considering how many CMs are earning less than the national minimum wage, maybe we should all have an 'Economic Well-Being Policy' to cover ourselves. :p