PDA

View Full Version : Ofsted

PeekABoos
19-03-2014, 02:22 PM
Hi,

Just wondering how long it is from finishing the course and then Ofsted coming out? Also DBS checks do we get those done now and then send off with application or what? As I know crbs used to have a limit of a month on them. If not used you would have to apply again. Also we do need paediatric first aid before applying too?

Sorry stupid questions from me again .. X

Vikki5531
19-03-2014, 02:39 PM
Hi,

I've just finished my Local Authority course.

We was told not to apply for our DBS incase we failed the course, but I wish I had of done now because the whole process takes so long!

I sent my DBS off 3 weeks ago, and I can't apply to Ofsted until I have received the certificate.

In the latest Ofsted registration guidance, it states you must have completed or have a date within 8 weeks of applying for a First Aid course covering babies and young children.

Also you need to fill out a Health declaration booklet and ask your Dr to complete this.

Have you almost finished your course? xx

PeekABoos
19-03-2014, 05:59 PM
Hi,

I've just finished my Local Authority course.

We was told not to apply for our DBS incase we failed the course, but I wish I had of done now because the whole process takes so long!

I sent my DBS off 3 weeks ago, and I can't apply to Ofsted until I have received the certificate.

In the latest Ofsted registration guidance, it states you must have completed or have a date within 8 weeks of applying for a First Aid course covering babies and young children.

Also you need to fill out a Health declaration booklet and ask your Dr to complete this.

Have you almost finished your course? xx

Yeah I remember DBS/CRB taking a while with my current and previous jobs.

No I have just started really but I am doing the PACEY CYPOP5 course online. I just like to know what I have to do next type thing.

Where do I get the health declaration booklet from? I thought it was just a health check from the doctors :/

Vikki5531
19-03-2014, 06:23 PM
Yeah I remember DBS/CRB taking a while with my current and previous jobs. No I have just started really but I am doing the PACEY CYPOP5 course online. I just like to know what I have to do next type thing. Where do I get the health declaration booklet from? I thought it was just a health check from the doctors :/ Thanks :D Xx

It is on the Ofsted website, if you just print it off, fill your part in and take it in to your Drs to complete. My Dr charged me £25.

I tried to copy the link for you but I couldn't do it, just google Ofsted Health declaration booklet xx

PeekABoos
19-03-2014, 07:15 PM
It is on the Ofsted website, if you just print it off, fill your part in and take it in to your Drs to complete. My Dr charged me £25. I tried to copy the link for you but I couldn't do it, just google Ofsted Health declaration booklet xx

Awww fab thank you :-) x