PDA

View Full Version : insurance

amelia lilly
19-03-2014, 11:45 AM
Had a vist from ofsted did'nt even no there were coming, just turned up ive got no children, she went through all my policy's and was just talking to me about things but did'nt have my insurance because did'nt think i needed too until i had children now ive been marked down as needs not met, when will this change please? is it when they come out when ive got children? i think its silly really u don't ensure a car if you have'nt got one do u.

munch149
19-03-2014, 12:00 PM
Is this pre reg or first graded inspection. Either way in my view if you have no children on your books you shouldn't need insurance. If it's a first graded they normally delay these until you have children on your books otherwise what are they inspecting different to pre reg.

munch149
19-03-2014, 12:02 PM
Is this pre reg or first graded inspection. Either way in my view if you have no children on your books you shouldn't need insurance. If it's a first graded they normally delay these until you have children on your books otherwise what are they inspecting different to pre reg.

Oh and they aren't supposed to just turn up either unless investigating a complaint. Maybe you should ring up and clarify some things

If this is first graded they won't come out again when you get children I wouldn't think. If pre reg they aim to come out six months after or when you get children

This is what I thought anyway. Someone correct me if I'm wrong

amelia lilly
19-03-2014, 02:09 PM
No its not pre-reg had that in august she said she will come out again when i have children so thats when i will be graded

amelia lilly
19-03-2014, 03:10 PM
I phoned them to ask them something and to say i was nannying at the moment, then they was asking if i had insurance i said no so thats why they came out, they said if there using your registration number then u need to have insurance but i thought it was up to u if u had it or not while nannying but now i know , am all new to this and still learning, just a shame its gone against my childminding.