PDA

View Full Version : planning

Boo_Bear
18-03-2014, 01:21 PM
Hello can anyone help me please. I need an activity for a 2 year old to do with healthy eating but I need to link it to the eyfs and I cant think of what to do. Help please.
Thanks

amylouise867
18-03-2014, 01:30 PM
Hello can anyone help me please. I need an activity for a 2 year old to do with healthy eating but I need to link it to the eyfs and I cant think of what to do. Help please. Thanks

How about something really simple like 'making a healthy snack'

Fruit salad maybe?

You could begin by a trip to the shop (healthy) select the foods you need and let her help you when paying the shop keeper.

You can get child safety knives etc and she could help prepare the foods by helping to wash them to begin with, then helping to chop them up.

You could have photos of the foods and as she is tasting them get her to identify if she likes the food or doesn't like the food.

You can make a chart with a happy face for like and a sad face for don't like.
You can help her to stick the photos in the right place as she tells you if she likes them or not if she finds it tricky.

What is her speech like? Will she use any words to describe the fruit? Can make notes of this if she does as evidence for LJ.

On your planning you can add vocab that you will reinforce while you do the activity.

Take lots of photos and get her to hold up her healthy eating chart of the foods she liked and didn't like and take a photo :)

Hope that helps.

I think this activity will keep her engaged taking on board her age. It's simple but enjoyable and covers many areas of learning.

Hope that helps or gives you some inspiration :) xx

Boo_Bear
18-03-2014, 01:40 PM
Wow what a great idea thanks. How does it link to eyfs as in what sections xxx

Smiley
18-03-2014, 02:09 PM
That activity would cover all seven areas of learning