PDA

View Full Version : Own children and paperwork?

Bip1982
13-03-2014, 05:45 PM
Do you complete observations on your own children. I have a 2 year old and a 4 year old and I look after an under 1 at the moment. I have started an obs folder for the baby but not my own children. I'm guessing its good practise to do all the children in your setting including your own?

I only started the other week so it won't be too hard to catch up but what do you do and do I do a 2 year review for my own 2 year old?

Mouse
13-03-2014, 05:50 PM
There is no requirement at all to do any paperwork on your own children, although some childminders decide they would like to.

It's not even a case of good practice as an inspector is unlikely to even look at it.

The reason some cms do it is so that they have an example of paperwork to show prospective parents, or so that they have something to practice on. Others do it because a learning journal builds up into a little keepsake for you and because they don't want their child to be left out.

Personally I think there is enough to do without making any more work for yourself :p

clareelizabeth1
13-03-2014, 06:33 PM
I don't do one for ds I have a photo album one of them smash book which I find fun to do and that has documented his life so far and is full of fun things we do together. As for where he is developmentally well I can do that in my head

auntie lisa
16-03-2014, 11:04 PM
My little boy is 1 and a half and I just jot down a few things for him and use him as practice and examples (incase other parents don't want me using their lo's) but I quite like seeing his progress :-)