PDA

View Full Version : help with a body map

Noodles
22-07-2008, 08:54 PM
I am trying to make up my own existing injuries book but i cannot find a picture of a body map to print out anywhere.
Anyone know of anywhere i may find one

miffy
22-07-2008, 08:57 PM
Sorry I don't know of any websites

I have ones I was given on Child Protection training - I'm happy to photocopy and send to you if no-one else can give you a website - just pm me

Miffy xx

sarah707
22-07-2008, 09:02 PM
This is the one I have used :D

http://www.bfawu.org/images/bakers-union-body.gif

hello kitty
22-07-2008, 09:45 PM
Thanks Sarah that's great.

Just updated my form with those pictures. Before I had to draw a picture and I'm no good at art!!!:laughing:

Annie_T
22-07-2008, 09:48 PM
oh thank you for that .. good idea just hav e these incase

Noodles
22-07-2008, 09:56 PM
Thanks all sorted now :) :)

Pedagog
23-07-2008, 07:34 AM
Sorry can I ask why you are doing this? Is it you existing injuries? Or is it the child's existing injuries, In which case I can see why you are doing it.

sarah707
23-07-2008, 08:19 AM
Sorry can I ask why you are doing this? Is it you existing injuries? Or is it the child's existing injuries, In which case I can see why you are doing it.

When a child has an accident / existing injury, I write it down on my form but I also have the body map (only little, I shrink them down).

I put an arrow next to the bit that is hurt, and parents sign to say they have seen it ... no chance of someone blaming me for something that hasn't happened or they haven't told me about at a later date.

Also if a child is injured and I do not spot the extent of their injuries due to clothing or bruising comes out later, it is easy to plot for a doctor how the injury progressed because the marks I have made on the body map relate to the minute the injury happened (or the parents told me about it).

It's all part of covering ourselves in case of comeback... hope this makes sense :D

Pedagog
23-07-2008, 08:41 AM
I thought that was what you meant, just misread the original post

I am trying to make up my own existing injuries book I thought Little Cherub meant a book of her existing injuries.:blush:

All I can say in my defence is I had a late night last night.

sarah707
23-07-2008, 01:49 PM
:laughing: :laughing:

so long as it was as fun as it was late!