PDA

View Full Version : Jigsaws

*daisychain*
13-03-2014, 10:28 AM
I'm stumped ! May be having a blank moment . My 30 month LO has just completed a 10 piece jigsaw independently and I can't find where it links too .
Would I be right in thinking its 30-50 months , space , shape and measure . Shows an interest in shape and space by playing with shapes or making arrangements with objects ??
Thanks in advance :)

Smiley
13-03-2014, 10:46 AM
How about moving and handling in PD?

hectors house
13-03-2014, 11:07 AM
I rarely link mine to an exact statement in Development Matters or EYO - I just link it to the sub headings - I can justify nearly every sub heading in one activity observation. For puzzles I would probably link to

PSE -Self confidence, you said child did it independently but if they hadn't and you had given verbal instruction I would like to listening & attention, understanding - if they talked out loud while they did it eg: oh thats a piece of the sky, cow etc or thats got a straight bit, that doesn't fit there, I would like to speaking.

Physical - moving and handling
Maths - Shape space & measure - if you had got them to count the pieces of puzzle you could include Numbers
Exploring using media and materials - this mentions construction materials and textures and - so you could link to that too!
Being imaginative - when they then post all the puzzle pieces down the back of the radiator!

Understanding the world - The World - would depend on what the puzzle picture was about

I just have the headings down the side of my observation sheet and use different coloured highlighter pens to cross reference.

*daisychain*
13-03-2014, 01:12 PM
Thank you xx