PDA

View Full Version : Been registered since just before christmas and just had a call about my inspection!

alex__17
11-03-2014, 05:25 PM
Surely this is too soon?! I only got all my paperwork through just before Christmas, at which point I handed my notice in at work, so have only actually been minding for 2 weeks...
I don't feel ready yet, he did say on the voicemail the inspection is due in the next month or so, but I thought you got 6 months? I wasn't expecting the call until June time, I have just done starting points for my mindees and they come 1 day per week, so will barely have a learning journal in a months time, even if I do an observation each week.
I'm just panicking, and in a month time I'll have new ones settling, if the existing ones are even settled by then, can I ask for it to be delayed until the 6 months? I really don't feel ready after minding just a month or so by the time the inspection happens!

alex__17
11-03-2014, 05:27 PM
I've not dared call them back yet, need to know what I'm going to say first!

Ripeberry
11-03-2014, 05:51 PM
They have to inspect within 6 months, so in theory they could inspect the next day you start. Very unfair of them really. You've got nothing to lose by ringing them back. Just explain that you've only been minding for a couple of weeks and they might go off and pick on someone else. :D

alex__17
11-03-2014, 05:59 PM
I hope so, I'm only doing 1 day a week but having to get to grips with managing 3 under 3's as I have my own son and sibling mindees, all at once with the siblings not that happy as they've not been left before and with only 1 day per week we seem to go back to square 1 each week!
I have them tomorrow, so will call tribal back on Thursday, I guess the only advantage is I'll know what day they'll turn up if I'm only working 1 day!

FussyElmo
11-03-2014, 06:09 PM
As soon as you have eyfs children you can be inspected it should be within the first 6 months.

If its in the next month then you will have had 4 months.

Chatterbox Childcare
11-03-2014, 06:33 PM
Tell them that you have only just started and that they only come one day or tell them could you wait as I don't have any children in the eyfs yet?

alex__17
13-03-2014, 05:37 PM
Plucked up the courage to call them, panic over slightly, they're uodating the database so when my inspection comes around in may/June time the inspector will know which days I have eyfs children...seems a bit weird, since the inspector will apparently call ahead anyway nearer the time, so surely they'll just ask then but at least it looks like it isn't in the next couple of weeks! I would like the kids to be more settled and me to be a bit more in the swing of things, I feel like its all a bit chaotic at the moment!

unalindura77
13-03-2014, 06:44 PM
I got an 'update' call to check if I had children 3 weeks ahead of the inspection

Go overboard on observations, make a good list of individual plans for each child and write it all up, using the EY outcomes and DM matters for idea's. Start planning what activities you'll do on the day and make a list of what you'll need if you don't already have it.

There's some good lists on here about getting everything ready.

Even though you've only been registered 2 weeks, write an SEF writing your background etc, you'll be a lot more relaxed when you have a good bit of paperwork to set you up. Know your safeguarding and complaints, medication and lost child policies back to front. Have visitors book, attendance record, medication book all up to date, fire drills, evacuation policy displayed along with ofsted complaints poster.

Multicultural books/posters/toys

Know your space requirements..

errr you'll find more tips on the tips section...

You'll be fine!