PDA

View Full Version : school holiday fee/term time only

Snowwhite
11-03-2014, 04:38 PM
Currently if a parent wants term time only childcare i have charged my normal fee in term time then half fee in the holidays (so as to keep the place open and so i still have a income) I do wonder though if i am loosing out doing half fee seeing as there is loads of holidays! I used to charge 20 days at full fee (my holidays) then the rest at half,but changed it as i though it was a bit unfair,or wasn't it?
I know some CM's charge a higher fee if someone is term time only,then no fee in the hols,but i don't think that would work for me.Currently my fees are £5 per hr or £40 to £42 per day.
I have also always been unsure whether or not to charge half fee for bank holidays or full.I never work them and used to charge full,but seeing as they usually fall in with my annual leave then i charge half,although i wonder about charging full as all my current parents get full pay ( i think!) and don't work BH's.
Thankyou

Ripeberry
11-03-2014, 05:58 PM
I've been TTO for the last 4 years and I charge £4 per hour. I don't charge for BHs as I never work them and I would find it awkward trying to explain to parents that they would have to pay, just because!
I've not charged a retainer in the holidays as I don't want to work holidays either, but in the long summer holidays I will offer a couple of days care if I can. If the fees are the same each month, you could maybe split it over the 12 months so you have some money coming in each month. Makes it awkward if anything changes or anyone leaves as you may end up owing money.
Hope you find a way that works for you :thumbsup:

Snowwhite
12-03-2014, 04:38 PM
Thankyou Ripeberry

faydin
16-03-2014, 09:26 AM
I charge full fee for term time and half fee for school holidays including summer holiday even if go away for whole summer. But I do offer the child for a trip day out when I have other children. If don't have any children in school holidays I wouldn't have that child but still get half fee for that week. I don't know if I am doing right. I usually go away in August for 4 weeks. And I don't charge for my holidays to the parents who pay full fee in school holidays excluding summer. But if they pay half fee during the half terms, then it makes sense for them to pay me half fee in summer holiday too.