PDA

View Full Version : New DBS application

leahsfx
11-03-2014, 09:25 AM
Does anyone know if I can register with OFSTED after applying for our DBS or does it physically have to be in my possession? I've heard it can take months to arrive and I'm ready and buzzing to get registered :) thanks

Vikki5531
11-03-2014, 11:20 AM
Hi, I'm in the same position as you. I've applied for my DBS and was under the impression I could not apply to Ofsted until this has been completed. I've been tracking my DBS but the system is down until tomorrow :(.

rickysmiths
11-03-2014, 11:24 AM
As long as there are no issues with your DBS it should come through quite quickly. My sons was done in three weeks and Christmas and New Year were in those weeks.

I have no idea of the order in which things have to be done when applying to be a new cm. There are advise sheets on the Ofsted web site expalining the process.

zanacal
11-03-2014, 02:15 PM
Yep, it has to be in your hands. I've been waiting 3 weeks now and am obsessively tracking my application! When you fill out your OFSTED application online it asks whether you have your certificate yet and if you answer no it says to submit your application once you have it.

leahsfx
11-03-2014, 05:32 PM
Thanks. Wish I would have applied at the start of feb now when they changed it :( oh well, hindsight for you. Fingers crossed it won't take too long x

zanacal
12-03-2014, 01:50 PM
Annoyingly, I had one done very recently for my job in the school. I see now that I could have applied for the update service within 2 weeks of receiving it for £13 and I wouldn't have needed a new one - but there was no leaflet or anything when my last DBS check arrived notifying me of this service!

NinkyNonk
12-03-2014, 04:16 PM
I'm just in this process too, and as others have said you do need it back before registering. In fairness though, mine only took just over a week! I did scan everything in and do it all online, not sure if that made it quicker. I've now submitted my form (a week ago!) and am patiently...or not patiently...waiting for my invoice so I can pay the fee. Really hoping it doesn't take too long to get going.

zanacal
13-03-2014, 12:44 PM
My online tracking finally says the certificate is being printed, yay! I did it all online too but if it comes soon it will have been more than 3 weeks. I think it depends on your local police force, that's the stage it gets stuck at!

covgalxxx
13-03-2014, 12:53 PM
Yeah my partners took 3weeks but mine took 5 weeks I think it was cause I have only lived in this city a few years, my DP been here all his life.. I did all mine on line but had to repeat mine again as it didn't say went paying I was paying more for id as no passport or BC dated around the time I was born, so she rang me said I pay again with right charges, and the payment I made Before I had to wait a week for..

Vikki5531
13-03-2014, 12:56 PM
Mine is stuck at Stage 4, I'm really impatient and I'm constantly checking the tracking system! x

Taylored
13-03-2014, 01:48 PM
Sadly it has to be in your hands or ofsted wont accept the application. I am the same as you ladies. Mine has been at stage 4 for weeks. I only applied for my husbands last week and he is already at stage 4 so hopefully it wont be too long. I am like an addict checking. When the site was down for a few days, I felt lost without my regular "check 5 times daily" fix ha ha

misskft
13-03-2014, 10:05 PM
I waited 13 weeks drove me mad hang in there and keep calling x