PDA

View Full Version : Proposed changes to the Eyfs / CR - to be implemented Sept 2014

sarah707
09-03-2014, 09:57 AM
Thanks to a Local Authority contact these are the PROPOSED changes to the Eyfs and Childcare Register.

Most seem to be tweaks to clear up differences between the registers, remove some bits of paperwork and prepare for agencies offering training.

We will find out more in April for implementation in Sept.

Hth :D

Changes will probably include -

- Removal of requirement for safeguarding, intro to cm course and First Aid to be LA approved – this is to open up the option for Agencies to offer training

- Tweaks to safeguarding wording (CR)

- Tweaks to suitability wording (CR)

- No minimum number of staff for older children (CR)

- Minimum staff age to be 17 on both registers (currently 17 for EYFS and 18 for CR)

- No requirement for regular staff appraisals – there will be other wording about monitoring staff

- Raised qualifications requirements for group providers (not childminders)

- Qualifications and ratios requirements for over 5s removed for providers other than childminders (hmmm!)

- Tweaks to wording about food preparation (CR)

- Tweaks to behaviour management wording

- Tweaks to wording in EYFS and CR about provision of space (DfE say it will 'remove unnecessary detail') – no change to current space requirements for younger children though!

- Removal of requirement for a risk assessment policy

- Removal of requirement to have outings permission

- Removal of requirement to have some other policies currently required by Childcare Register

Please remember these are PROPOSALS - don't make any changes until we have the wording or you will be downgraded at inspection!

We have members who have been picked up very recently for not having permission for outings and doing the wrong safeguarding training...

:D

*daisychain*
09-03-2014, 10:13 AM
Interesting, thanks Sarah x

TJF
09-03-2014, 10:20 AM
Hi Sarah,

Thanks for the warning, will wait for further info on that.

Need to pick your brain.

I have been minding for a year and am worried about the level 3. Do you think it is something that I will have to have eventually. I'd rather not do it as I don't know where I would find the time but if it is something that will in the not too distant future become compulsory I'd rather try to get funding now and get it done (especially as I don't have a maths GCSE and they say it is a requirement of the course after September 2014!!!). Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for all your updates on here, don't know what we would do without you. xxx

loocyloo
09-03-2014, 10:31 AM
Thanks Sarah x

sarah707
09-03-2014, 11:13 AM
Hi Sarah,

Thanks for the warning, will wait for further info on that.

Need to pick your brain.

I have been minding for a year and am worried about the level 3. Do you think it is something that I will have to have eventually. I'd rather not do it as I don't know where I would find the time but if it is something that will in the not too distant future become compulsory I'd rather try to get funding now and get it done (especially as I don't have a maths GCSE and they say it is a requirement of the course after September 2014!!!). Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for all your updates on here, don't know what we would do without you. xxx

Hi, maths and English gcse are not required for level 3 by most training providers - are you thinking about the requirements for the new EYE course?

DfE confirms grade C English and maths GCSE required for Early Years Educator | Nursery World (http://www.nurseryworld.co.uk/nursery-world/news/1142389/dfe-confirms-grade-english-maths-gcse-required-educator)

It is not - at the present time - compulsory or expected to become compulsory - to have level 3 and continue working as a childminder.

Training in group provisions is being changed (according to proposed changes) but not for us.

I hope that reassures you x