PDA

View Full Version : Daughter turned 16

rachael30a
07-03-2014, 11:02 AM
Morning all

just a quick question my daughter turned 16 on Wednesday, im aware I need to notify Ofsted, does anyone know if I call them or put it in writing? Also she will need a dbs check is this correct

Thanks
Rachaelx

sing-low
07-03-2014, 06:54 PM
Yes, you must notify Ofsted and you'll need to get the DBS check done ASAP as Ofsted will now consider her to be an 'unsuitable person' until the check is done. Outrageous IMHO as it's her own home but that's the way it is.

*daisychain*
08-03-2014, 07:41 AM
I gave ofsted a call when my girls turned 16 and they said it was already on the system and they automatically send the forms out to them.

playdayz
08-03-2014, 10:23 PM
When my daughter turned 16 they sent the forms automatically I filled them in sent back an within a few weeks I recieved her crb, I received a letter from ofsted the other day sayin they r please to inform me that my daughter suitable to be around the children, which is great but over a year an half later she will be 18 in June! Lol

auntym
09-03-2014, 01:19 PM
I had this recently - you go online to ofsted website and follow link and fill in online crb. Ofsted will give you a reference number to enter in over the phone. It's around £50 .... You then have to have a form completed by a professional to say they've known ur daughter for 2 yrs ( u can print this off yourself ) and then scan and send via email passport - birth cert and scan and send the form the professional person signed to. You can also do via post but if you do it the way I did I had my sons crb back 2 wks later x

rachael30a
09-03-2014, 10:00 PM
Ok thanks, she doesnt live me but visits 1-2 times a week

tess1981
10-03-2014, 07:53 AM
In northern Ireland our children are vetted and police checked at 10 years old but this is free for us