PDA

View Full Version : numbers

june/tori
06-03-2014, 10:32 PM
Hi
Can anyone tell me if I am correct in saying that its ok to mind 4 children under 5 if two are siblings?
thank you

tulip0803
07-03-2014, 08:24 AM
If you are in England you can increase your EY numbers for a sibling baby of an existing child but not for new business siblings.

If they are new business then you would have to have a space available for each child in the EY age group.

If it is a sibling baby you need to get permission from all other parents and risk assess before you can take the sibling baby on

Chatterbox Childcare
07-03-2014, 09:00 AM
Yes if they are existing children - eg you had 3 children and mum or you had a baby

No if you have 2 children already and new business comes along with another 2 as you only have 1 space

Simona
07-03-2014, 09:04 AM
I would check on that...because there is a space for 1 child but the sibling needs care too which in this case would be 'continuity of care' or the siblings split?

Unfortunately there is a risk that we advise incorrectly ...or the CM makes the wrong decision...or Ofsted arrive and punish for over minding...and the EYFS is totally inadequate in guiding us

This is an issue that needs to be addressed ...variations are useful to cms but can prove tricky according to how we 'interpret'